Check out our new Book Club featuring at least one read along each month!  This months book is Priest of Bones

MTGMTB

NFL 2020

Alright peeps, the draft is this weekend. I know the 'Rona is supposed to cut back the season, but it's time for a 2020 thread. 

So, thoughts on the draft so far? I'm happy with my Broncos drafting Juedy.

We also apparently have 3 picks in round 3. 

Reddit Won't Silence Me. I'll always be a part of the Vast, Right-Wing, Christian Conspiracy  

"Feminism is Cancer," - Milo Yiannopoulus, 2016

My Browns took an O Tackle.  I am always good drafting oLine.  Little disconcerting that we draft someone to play left tackle that played right tackle ... thats the Browns way.

Couple of points

Why was the Giants GM wearing a mask in his house?

This did nothing but solidify my opinion that Goodell is a complete buffoon.  It blows my mind that he doesnt prepare and learn the names of the players hes going to announce.  And why the hell does he have to look at his index cards after every word?  I could keep going ...

I spent 4 years watching Arnette (CB, Ohio St, went to the Raiders) ... he was not a first round pick.

Kingsbury is the only one that got his home set up right.  Bengals GM looked like he was shoved into a corner.

I'm not even certain we will have an NFL season, at least not a full season.  It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Steve IRL

Reading: Gardens of the Moon

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads

4 hours ago, Dunnar said:

Why was the Giants GM wearing a mask in his home?

I spent 4 years watching Arnette (CB, Ohio St, went to the Raiders) ... he was not a first round pick.

Me, my dad, my uncle and my roommate all made fun of the Giants GM when he came on screen wearing his mask inside his house. 

Reddit Won't Silence Me. I'll always be a part of the Vast, Right-Wing, Christian Conspiracy  

"Feminism is Cancer," - Milo Yiannopoulus, 2016

On 1/4/2021 at 11:30 AM, Lasraik said:

@Dunnar 17 year drought is over, they have a legit chance to beat the Steelers next week.

Down the HC and 4 other offensive coaches and its only Wednesday.  Hope Baker has broad shoulders.  I felt pretty good before, but with the recent stuff going on, I'm not sure.  Pittspuke is not very good but the Browns are not even close to full strength.

The Bills have the best shot at KC.  Will be an interesting weekend.  If the Browns and Ravens win, the Bills will host the Ravens ... and they are going to be a very tough out imo.

2 hours ago, Dunnar said:

Down the HC and 4 other offensive coaches and its only Wednesday.  Hope Baker has broad shoulders.  I felt pretty good before, but with the recent stuff going on, I'm not sure.  Pittspuke is not very good but the Browns are not even close to full strength.

The Bills have the best shot at KC.  Will be an interesting weekend.  If the Browns and Ravens win, the Bills will host the Ravens ... and they are going to be a very tough out imo.

What a bummer.  Even without the HC, the Steelers are vulnerable.  It's the best matchup for the Browns all things considered.

It will be a fun weekend of games

Steve IRL

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads

I almost started texting you during the game, but I wasn't sure if the number is still the same.  Anything can happen, fun weekend of games.

It wouldn't surprise me if they give KC some headaches next week.  I don't think the Browns are pushovers.

Steve IRL

@Dunnar that was a painful loss, they had a chance at the end.  I was already thinking how much tickets to Ohio would have been to watch next weeks game there 😆

Considering how much the Browns under performed last year, they made a really big leap and have some good years ahead.

Steve IRL

25 minutes ago, Lasraik said:

@Dunnar that was a painful loss, they had a chance at the end.  I was already thinking how much tickets to Ohio would have been to watch next weeks game there 😆

Considering how much the Browns under performed last year, they made a really big leap and have some good years ahead.

They had the Chiefs right where they wanted them.  For the first time, I questioned the coaching staff and some of their decisions.  KC was missing a corner and our plays were run, pass to rb, pass to rb.  On D, 3rd and 14 with a back up QB whose last pass was a terrible pick and we rush 3.  Either way, there is much optimism.  It will be nice going into the offseason with a settled QB and established staff.

However, those opportunities are very rare and you have to cash in.