Check out our new Book Club featuring at least one read along each month!  This months book is Priest of Bones

Sign in to follow this  
Lasraik

What was the last book you read?

Crucial Accountability

copy_crucial_accountability.jpg

Since I've been in a management position I've started getting more into books like this, trying to improve my communication skills and trying different methods.  Lots of the skills and techniques in this book are things most of us already do, but it does a good job of putting everything together with each tool they discuss.  It's a good read and a book that I go back to once in a while to check sections I marked for references.

Steve IRL

Reading: Gardens of the Moon

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads

I recently read Blacktop Wasteland by S.A. Cosby.   It falls in the suspense/thriller genre and it’s the story of a now-retired get-away driver whose is forced back into “the Life” for one last mission.   It’s fast paced and action packed and left me wanting to read more about the main character.  The car chase scenes are next level in this book!   5 stars!  A quick read too...only around 250 pages.  

B

Currently slowly reading this:

Word Perfect

I'm a fan of Suzie and etymology. She co-present a series on the UK called Countdown and a parody version of the same. It' a sort of page-a-day book.

Working through Iain M Banks Culture series of Sci Fi novels, although i ran out of steam and took a break half way the last/5th book in the series. There's around 3 more to go.

May the Force Live Long and Prosper.

Cynical Optimist

2 hours ago, Dunnar said:

Reread the Dresden Files ... after awhile, he released 2 more books in the series this summer.  Sometimes a little over the top, but I have enjoyed the series.  The world he developed is really cool.

It's on my to-read list

Steve IRL

Reading: Gardens of the Moon

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads