Check out our new Book Club featuring at least one read along each month!  This months book is Priest of Bones

Sign in to follow this  
Lasraik

Squadron 42 Delayed Indefinitely After Missing Beta Date

Article

starcitizen.PNG

Looking back, I'm glad I didn't pledge any money to this game.  I had my cart loaded and ready to drop a couple of hundred dollars, mostly because I had faith in Chris Roberts and I yearn for games like Privateer.

This game is looking more and more like vaporware or at least without a real release.

Steve IRL

Reading: Gardens of the Moon

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads

Agreed.  It looks more and more like the game, as well as the universe, will be vaporware.  I never gave them a single cent, nor will I.

You can purchase any of the Privateer titles over at GoG, and they should be configured to run on modern systems.

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." - Oscar Wilde

"I'm not bad; I'm just drawn that way." - Jessica Rabbit

Have you tried any of the X-series?  I think the latest is X4 plus a few recent DLC available for it.  It's a space-themed sandbox.  I have it wish listed for now since my backlog is horribly long.

I also picked up Rebel Galaxy Outlaw when it recently came available over at GoG.  It sort of satisfies the Privateer itch.  Seems a bit grindy, tho.

I don't know if I'd recommend Starpoint Gemini 3, since the main character can be difficult to tolerate at times, but I played quite a bit of Starpoint Gemini: Warlords and it was fun (not really a pure sandbox, but more like a multi-layered mix of RTS, RPG, and space shooter).

24 minutes ago, Elovia said:

Have you tried any of the X-series?  I think the latest is X4 plus a few recent DLC available for it.  It's a space-themed sandbox.  I have it wish listed for now since my backlog is horribly long.

I also picked up Rebel Galaxy Outlaw when it recently came available over at GoG.  It sort of satisfies the Privateer itch.  Seems a bit grindy, tho.

I don't know if I'd recommend Starpoint Gemini 3, since the main character can be difficult to tolerate at times, but I played quite a bit of Starpoint Gemini: Warlords and it was fun (not really a pure sandbox, but more like a multi-layered mix of RTS, RPG, and space shooter).

I haven't checked those out yet, but I'll add them to my wish lists.  I miss those dog fighting space sims

Steve IRL

Reading: Gardens of the Moon

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads

I tried Rebel Galaxy, it has good reviews on Steam but it didn't hold my attention so only 2.5 hours play time.  It is not the same as Rebel Galaxy Outlaw.  Thought it was until I checked.  It may be more what you are looking for.

12 hours ago, Boag said:

I tried Rebel Galaxy, it has good reviews on Steam but it didn't hold my attention so only 2.5 hours play time.  It is not the same as Rebel Galaxy Outlaw.  Thought it was until I checked.  It may be more what you are looking for.

The best thing about Rebel Galaxy is the soundtrack.  It has OK game play if you like capital ship combat maneuvered on a 2D plane.  Overall, the game was short and the ending was sudden.  But in the end, I still occasionally go to YouTube to kick back and listen to the soundtrack.

Spoiler

Rebel Galaxy Outlaw was a bit of a disappointment.  It doesn't play at all the same as Rebel Galaxy, but more like a twitchy space shooter.  To be fair, they upped their game with the music, and have multiple "radio channels" to choose from in-game ... so you can select a genre of music you prefer ... kind of.

Edited by Elovia