Check out our new Book Club featuring at least one read along each month!  This months book is Priest of Bones

Sign in to follow this  
Lasraik

First attempt at a DIY headphone stand

I got tired of having headphones laying around and having to have a case for each one, so I started looking into buying a headphone stand that holds multiple headphones.  Why not just a stand that holds one pair?  Cause I'm a degenerate who owns too many pairs.  After looking into buying one, anything more than a plastic stand got a little expensive.  So as usual, I decided to build my own... isn't that better and cheaper?  Not exactly.

It ended up being about as expensive as a mid-tier stand, plus the time investment.  But I love doing DIY stuff so I did it anyway.  I decided to make it out of PVC pipe and paint it with a spray paint that looks like pitted pewter.  I mean, why not?

20200203_104558.jpg

Some sticks of PVC, fittings, paint and a roll of material that I didn't end up using.

20200208_165401.jpg20200210_132457.jpg

Tried to create something unique that fit an industrial type of look to fit the materials.  (I have no idea what I'm doing)

20200211_135044.jpg20200212_171056.jpg

After a mock setup, I took it all apart and paint the pieces individually. Then glued them together and back again.

20200303_160813.jpg

Finished product.  I attempted to add an additional piece for wires to fit on, but it didn't work as well as I hoped.  For a trial run it turned out OK, it's functional. 

Next time I'll glue everything together, then paint the stand.  It was pointless painting the pieces before I glued them. 

Steve IRL

Reading: Gardens of the Moon

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads

I love it. Couldn't believe it's not metal if i hadn't seen the plastic piping. 

Also, i spy the RTX2070 in the background. What rack is it sitting on. Looks fancy!

May the Force Live Long and Prosper.

Cynical Optimist

7 hours ago, Pasanda said:

I love it. Couldn't believe it's not metal if i hadn't seen the plastic piping. 

Also, i spy the RTX2070 in the background. What rack is it sitting on. Looks fancy!

It's nothing too fancy by today's standards with newer video cards, but it's an i7 3.6ghz with 16 gigs of RAM (I need to upgrade).  I can run pretty much anything on high without many issues.

Steve IRL

Reading: Gardens of the Moon

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads