Check out our new Book Club featuring at least one read along each month!  This months book is Priest of Bones

Sign in to follow this  
Lasraik

Instagrams new Terms of Service

As of December 20th 2020 Instagram implemented it's new terms of service.   Here are some highlights:

ig1.PNG

IG2.PNG

So not only do they have access to your phone and or computer but also other devices connected to your network.

IG3.PNG

They can read your text messages and have access to your address book.

ig5.PNG

I like that they specify it's our camera, not your camera.  And why do I need them spying on me to suggest masks and filters?

ig7.PNG

Don't worry, this is all for your best interests.

ig8.PNG

Didn't know about these?  Neither did I, but we all agreed to them last month. 

I've been back and fourth with Instagram for a while, I didn't like that Facebook owned them and their own practices.  After reading this I decided it was time to delete my account and remove the app.  I don't want or need a company like Instagram/Facebook having access to my GPS coordinates, text messages, call logs, contact lists, microphone, camera and more to post and view pictures.

Steve IRL

Reading: Gardens of the Moon

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads

5 hours ago, Lasraik said:

Didn't know about these?  Neither did I, but we all agreed to them last month.

I didn't.  But then again, I don't do social media.  Because of BS like the above.  I am NOT a product, and marketing is pure evil.

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." - Oscar Wilde

"I'm not bad; I'm just drawn that way." - Jessica Rabbit

7 hours ago, Pasanda said:

I am a light twitter user, and that's about it really. Nothing specific about those services, i just don't need them in my life. 

I hop on twitter to promote the site and help others, but it's not for me.  It's either a place for rage or one liners, and zingers aren't my thing.

Steve IRL

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads

18 hours ago, Lasraik said:

I hop on twitter to promote the site and help others, but it's not for me.  It's either a place for rage or one liners, and zingers aren't my thing.

I find it's about who you follow. I follow work and a few colleagues. Outside of that it's people i admire. Suzie Dent, Stephen Fry, Brian Cox, QI, etc. And of course, Sardo Numspa. If you follow interesting people, you tend yto get an interesting Twitter experience. Aside from the shockingly crap adverts.

What's the handle you use to promote the site etc? Mind if i follow you?

May the Force Live Long and Prosper.

Cynical Optimist

5 hours ago, Pasanda said:

I find it's about who you follow. I follow work and a few colleagues. Outside of that it's people i admire. Suzie Dent, Stephen Fry, Brian Cox, QI, etc. And of course, Sardo Numspa. If you follow interesting people, you tend yto get an interesting Twitter experience. Aside from the shockingly crap adverts.

What's the handle you use to promote the site etc? Mind if i follow you?

This is the one I use for our forums: https://twitter.com/CD_forums

I've found before that sometimes I'll look up people that I enjoy listening to or watching ect. and find out they aren't the nicest.  So sometimes I'll avoid following certain people.

Steve IRL