Join the book club and read our book of the month:  This months book is Chasing Graves.  Live stream discussion will be Saturday, March 20th at 9am MST!

Sign in to follow this  
Lasraik

Gardens of the Moon

A couple hundred pages into GotM and I’m a little lost.  Almost feels like this is the second book in a series or I’m missing something.  Is this common for new Malazan readers?

Steve IRL

Reading: Kings of Paradise

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads

From what I understand Gardens of the Moon is the hardest to follow & least enjoyable of the series.  I've started reading Deadhouse Gates,   here's hoping it's not as difficult.  There are a crap ton of characters in GotM.

Currently reading

Gardens of the Moon, Book of the Fallen #1

I'm halfway through chapter 9, but I'm throwing in the towel.  I don't intend to read 6 or 7 more books for this one to make sense and I'm just not enjoying it.  Too many other books to read to have to push through another 300 pages.  I can appreciate it doesn't hold your hand but it's too much of a time investment when I have so many other books to be reading.  It's not for me, hate not finishing it but I'm out.

towel.gif

Steve IRL

Reading: Kings of Paradise

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads

Sign in to follow this