Join the book club and read our book of the month:  This months book is Neuromancer.  Live stream discussion will be Sunday, April 18th at 1pm MST please RSVP if you will be attending 

Sign in to follow this  
Lasraik

A question for YouTubers about comments disappearing

I've received notifications that I have a comment and can preview it, but when I go to the comment to view the entire message and reply it's gone.  I've tried going to comments in the video management section to see if I can view and reply to them there, but I haven't been able to figure out how to do it.

Someone else mentioned it's because YouTube deemed them as spam, but it's usually other youtubers or I even had an author offer his book for a review.  This is a big bummer.  On one of my videos @Luke commented but I can't see it. 

Anyone know how to fix this or a work around?

Steve IRL

Reading: Last Argument of Kings

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

I have the exact same thing! Someone commented and I’ve never been able to reply. I thought perhaps they deleted their comment but in this instance, I never deleted my comment to you. Strange! 

From what I've read is YouTube sometimes flags comments as spam and automatically removes them without a chance to review then first

Steve IRL

Reading: Last Argument of Kings

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

I've actually been on both sides of the problem. I had comments on two of my videos removed, but thought that those people had removed their comments themselves. But then another creator contacted me saying that my comment got removed on one of his videos and asking if I removed it myself or something (which wasn't the case). So I think it's definitely youtube acting strange, especially since what I could see from the comments via the notifications were completely normal, no swear words or anything.

If someone posts a link it automatically gets removed by the way, but that wasn't the case in my examples.