Join the book club and read our book of the month:  This months book is Chasing Graves.  Live stream discussion will be Saturday, March 20th at 9am MST!

Sign in to follow this  
Lasraik

Interested in a buddy or group read?

Here are the books I have on hand that are waiting to be read.  If you have any of these or want to read any of these as a buddy or group read, let me know and we can set something up!  On Google Drive

Title Author Genre Month
A Little Hatred Joe Abercrombie Grimdark, Fantasy  
American Gods Neil Gaiman Fantasy/Modern Mythology  
Chapel Street Sean Paul Murphy Horror  
Escape Reality Kayal Frost Science Fiction May 2021
Extreme Ownership Jocko Willink Self Help, Personal Development  
Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell Susanna Clarke Fantasy  
Kings of Paradise Richard Nell Grimdark  
Malice John Gwynn Fantasy March (Tentative)
Monstre Duncan Swan Action, Science Fiction, Horror  
Nevernight Jay Kristoff Fantasy  
Nightmare Chad Nicholas Horror  
Parasite Darcy Coates Horror, Science Fiction  
Preons Alpha F.T. Stevens Science Fiction  
The Dark that Dwells Matt Digman, Ryan Roddy Science Fiction, Fantasy  
The Gulp Alan Baxter Horror  
The October Country Ray Bradbury Horror  
The Rage of Dragons Evan Winter Fantasy  
The Shallows: What the Internet is Doing to Our Brains Nicholas Carr Science, Psychology, Sociology  

Steve IRL

Reading: Kings of Paradise

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads

3 hours ago, Soot said:

When are you gonna read The Dark that Dwells?

Probably not until next month at the earliest.  Interested in a buddy or group read?

Steve IRL

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads

4 hours ago, Jolien Reads said:

I'm reading Malice PROBABLY next month! I'll need to check my TBR tomorrow to be sure but I'd be interested in a buddy read.

I can probably swing that!

Steve IRL

5 hours ago, Jolien Reads said:

If you still have a spot, I can make it work! Otherwise I can wait until May or June as well!

You mentioned May and my brain had one of it's rare moments that it actually worked:

source.gif

The other night I was already thinking about what series we could group read next and reading your post made me realize:  The Faithful and the Fallen is pretty popular and we finish The First Law trilogy in April.  We could start promoting the Faithful and the Fallen group read next month (or even late this month) and have that as the next series that we read month to month!  Have the same setup for online meetups and get a few people to join us.  Heck, even if it's just the two of us that would be fun!  It would look like this

March: Before They Are Hanged

April: Last Argument of Kings

May: Malice

June: Valor

July: Ruin

August: Wrath

What do you think?

Steve IRL

1 hour ago, Jolien Reads said:

I'm in! We have plenty of time to spread the word and you're right, even if it's just the two of us we'll have a good time!

Sounds great!  I'll start making the forums and stuff for it.  When would be the right time to announce it?  To give everyone time to get the books and prepare.  Seems like most everyone has their TBR set for a month ahead or so

Steve IRL

29 minutes ago, Lasraik said:

Sounds great!  I'll start making the forums and stuff for it.  When would be the right time to announce it?  To give everyone time to get the books and prepare.  Seems like most everyone has their TBR set for a month ahead or so

Yeah, I think we shouldn't wait too long. End of this month/beginning of April? As an international reader I know what a pain it is to get books in time if people announce a readalong too late. We can still remind people about it in later videos and put the announcement in the description box.

1 hour ago, Jolien Reads said:

Yeah, I think we shouldn't wait too long. End of this month/beginning of April? As an international reader I know what a pain it is to get books in time if people announce a readalong too late. We can still remind people about it in later videos and put the announcement in the description box.

Sounds good to me, will start spreading the word end of this month

Steve IRL