Check out our new Book Club featuring at least one read along each month!  This months book is One Way

Sign in to follow this  
Lasraik

If you could know when and how your life ends, would you want to know?

Would you want to know when and how your life ends?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want to know when and how your life ends?

• Yes, I would want to know
    • No thanks

Given the choice of knowing when and how you die, would you choose to know or not to know?

It would be nice knowing how much time you have left and what happens to you.  But not being able to avoid what happens would be torture.

Not knowing at least gives you hope that you'll live a long and productive life, even if that may not be the case by no fault of your own.

Steve IRL

Reading: The Blade Itself

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads

Yes! I'm a low key hypochondriac so I think my life would improve drastically if I could just know... Ofcourse if the answer is that I will die within the year that would be devastating and in that case I would rather not know, but I would take the risk regardless.

I'm surprised, I thought more of you wouldn't want to know.  I don't like surprises and yet I think I would choose to live my life not knowing and just hope for the best.  Having a countdown always in the back of your mind must be torture 😕

Steve IRL

Reading: The Blade Itself

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads

I know it's an old cliché, but i tend to live my life as if it's going to be short, and am then grateful for every additional year that passes. I don't deliberately save money (unless there's nothing to really spend it on - as with the past year in lockdown). If we want something, i do my best to get it now. Since having a child, that has changed a touch: trying to ensure there's enough money for at least the first year of University. And i drink less than before he came along.

The house is worth enough that my wife won't have to worry about struggling too much after i'm gone.

May the Force Live Long and Prosper.

Cynical Optimist