Jump to content

Join the book club and read our book of the month:  This months book is Neuromancer.  Live stream discussion will be Sunday, April 18th at 1pm MST please RSVP if you will be attending 

Lasraik

The Poppy War Group Read

Recommended Posts

I've been speaking with @Liz from forbookingoutloud about starting a Poppy War buddy read in a month or two.  It looks like it will happen in May.  Been hearing lots of great this about this series lately.

Is anyone interested in joining?


Steve IRL

Reading: Last Argument of Kings

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read Poppy War earlier this month. It's an excellent book and a great start to the trilogy. I will definitely give my two cents in the discussions.

Also, if you're interested, The Library of Allenxandria did a video on the history that inspired this series. It was very informative and funny. I loved it and I thought it added to my enjoyment of the book.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m guessing we’ll start getting dates figured out soon but I’m pretty sure the first book will be in May.  It’s going to be a busy month 


Steve IRL

Reading: Last Argument of Kings

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2021 at 2:09 PM, Jolien Reads said:

I'm really excited to see what you and Liz think of the Poppy War! I'll probably jump in once you guys start with the Dragon Republic or at least I'll join the discussion, even if I have a small headstart :)

Still on track to join us for the second and third book? 😎


Steve IRL

Reading: Last Argument of Kings

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2021 at 10:18 PM, Lasraik said:

I’m guessing we’ll start getting dates figured out soon but I’m pretty sure the first book will be in May.  It’s going to be a busy month 

I wanted to poke around on here before proposing a date - and honestly needed some time to figure out how to work this site 😅

After looking at May, how does the 22nd or 23rd sound?  It looks like there isn't a plan during that weekend, and I don't want to overwhelm anyone!


Liz

 ~ forbookingoutloud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Liz said:

I wanted to poke around on here before proposing a date - and honestly needed some time to figure out how to work this site 😅

After looking at May, how does the 22nd or 23rd sound?  It looks like there isn't a plan during that weekend, and I don't want to overwhelm anyone!

Hope the video helped with navigation!

The 23rd works for me, looks like that weekend is clear.  What time zone are you in?  Would either 12pm or 1pm mst be convenient? 


Steve IRL

Reading: Last Argument of Kings

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in the PT timezone - so not too different from MST!

If you want to do the 23rd, I have something planned that afternoon.  I am completely open in the morning (before 11:30 mst) or any time in the afternoon (after 2 mst).  If you want to do the 22nd, have absolutely no plans!

I'm not too particular on the day - as you can see I don't have too going on 😅


Liz

 ~ forbookingoutloud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Liz said:

I'm in the PT timezone - so not too different from MST!

If you want to do the 23rd, I have something planned that afternoon.  I am completely open in the morning (before 11:30 mst) or any time in the afternoon (after 2 mst).  If you want to do the 22nd, have absolutely no plans!

I'm not too particular on the day - as you can see I don't have too going on 😅

Let’s do the 22nd!  I just have to sleep for a couple of hours, any time after 1pm May works for me!  When we get a time I’ll make a video to spread the word!


Steve IRL

Reading: Last Argument of Kings

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Lasraik said:

Let’s do the 22nd!  I just have to sleep for a couple of hours, any time after 1pm May works for me!  When we get a time I’ll make a video to spread the word!

Let's do 1pm then!  Unless a later time works better for you?


Liz

 ~ forbookingoutloud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Liz said:

Let's do 1pm then!  Unless a later time works better for you?

1pm is good, I'm getting used to getting up around that time 😎

I know there were a few people interested in it, so I'll spread the word this week.  Thank you Liz, this is going to be fun!  Let me know which ones you'd like to host, or if all of them I'm good with that too!

 


Steve IRL

Reading: Last Argument of Kings

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Liz said:

I'm very excited! 

And honestly it's up to you.  I can host if you want, or you can host - I'm completely open 😊

I can do the second book if you want to take the first and third 🤩


Steve IRL

Reading: Last Argument of Kings

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...