Jump to content

Join the book club and read our book of the month:  This months book is Chasing Graves.  Live stream discussion will be Saturday, March 20th at 9am MST!

Sign in to follow this  
Pasanda

What series are you currently watching.

Recommended Posts

Tried watching Billions after hearing how good it was.  Sadly, it's not very good.  Gave up on it after a few seasons.

Just finished Tiger King, because I was curious what all the fuss was about.  It was funny, interesting, awkward and depressing all at the same time.


Steve IRL

Reading: Kings of Paradise

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Lasraik said:

Just finished Tiger King, because I was curious what all the fuss was about.  It was funny, interesting, awkward and depressing all at the same time.

Excuse my lack of sympathy ... but the eulogy scene had to be one of the funniest, craziest, I can't believe I'm watching this train wreck moments.  He'd come up and rub them balls in my face ... in front of his mom and family.

I have no idea how I feel about those places.  Part of me feels they are almost necessary because there wont be any left in the wild soon.  But the freaks in charge treat those animals so horribly and all of them should be locked up for that.

Now that I have lock down time, I am watching this show called The Office.  I think it has potential, seems pretty good so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/22/2020 at 1:06 PM, Lasraik said:

Tried watching Billions after hearing how good it was.  Sadly, it's not very good.  Gave up on it after a few seasons.

Just finished Tiger King, because I was curious what all the fuss was about.  It was funny, interesting, awkward and depressing all at the same time.

I'M BACK, BITCHES. 

Took me forever to find my password and reset it.

Tiger King... what a wild ride. I want to like Joe and Carole, but they make it SO HARD. The true heroes are their employees. Except for Allen. I don't like him. 

I've been watching Community and being happy that I'm going to a good school. 


Reddit Won't Silence Me. I'll always be a part of the Vast, Right-Wing, Christian Conspiracy  

"Feminism is Cancer," - Milo Yiannopoulus, 2016

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mandalorian - good start

The Outsider - Great series.

Picard - good at the start. Last 2 eps not so much. Starship eating space flowers anyone?

 


May the Force Live Long and Prosper.

Cynical Optimist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2020 at 4:03 AM, Dunnar said:

Now that I have lock down time, I am watching this show called The Office.  I think it has potential, seems pretty good so far.

The Office has it's cringe-worthy moments, but that is often the intended point.  If you're into Corporate or Organization Behavior at all, you might get a kick out of the series of articles about the Gervais Principle, or The Office according to "The Office."  It will change the way you watch The Office.


"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." - Oscar Wilde

"I'm not bad; I'm just drawn that way." - Jessica Rabbit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SyFy is streaming Battlestar Galactica for free. So after so many years, I finally get to watch it in it's entirety. Only a couple of episodes into it, but wow. I was a fan of Edward James Olmos before, but now he may be elevated into my top favs list. I had seen enough to get used to Starbuck being female, but wow, it's all done so well. I remember when I was a kid, the Vipers were my favorite of all the starfighters, and while I cringe at the "new new" ones, I Love what they did with the "Mk II" version, especially the flying dynamics, all the flipping around with thrusters and whatnot.

I do have some nitpiks, a few "huh?" moments, but we'll see if any of them get explained away in time.

Also, having just watched Lucifer (another REALLY good show), I'm kinda stuck on the "Trisha Helfer is a goddess" bandwagon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to be watching the second series of Cobra Kai hopefully, now that a friend has sent me them on disc.

EDIT: Oh, and started watching Emergence on tele, going retro me. Seems good so far but only two episodes in and not sure where they are going with it yet.


"I demand your respect!"

"No, you demand my attention."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2020 at 1:39 PM, Elovia said:

The Office has it's cringe-worthy moments, but that is often the intended point.  If you're into Corporate or Organization Behavior at all, you might get a kick out of the series of articles about the Gervais Principle, or The Office according to "The Office."  It will change the way you watch The Office.

Thanks, I will check it out.

I think the cringe-worthy moments are the best.  Actually surprised they got away with the racial/sexist jokes.  I am really enjoying it and am disappointed at myself that it took so long for me to discover that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Dunnar said:

Thanks, I will check it out.

I think the cringe-worthy moments are the best.  Actually surprised they got away with the racial/sexist jokes.  I am really enjoying it and am disappointed at myself that it took so long for me to discover that.

My missus has it on all the freakin' time now that she's working from home.  It is background noise to her.  She's got a metric crap-load of the episodes recorded on the DVR, so she just runs them back to back to back.


"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." - Oscar Wilde

"I'm not bad; I'm just drawn that way." - Jessica Rabbit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm watching Lupin on netflix. I've got no idea if this is well-known outside Europe. It's a French series about a man in France whose father has been framed for something he didn't do when the main character was very young. The last gift he got from his father was the book Arthur Lupin, about a gentleman thief. We follow this man when he is older and uses the stories as inspiration to avenge his father. There's only one season out at the moment but I hope it gets a second one soon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2021 at 12:11 PM, Jolien Reads said:

I'm watching Lupin on netflix. I've got no idea if this is well-known outside Europe. It's a French series about a man in France whose father has been framed for something he didn't do when the main character was very young. The last gift he got from his father was the book Arthur Lupin, about a gentleman thief. We follow this man when he is older and uses the stories as inspiration to avenge his father. There's only one season out at the moment but I hope it gets a second one soon!

Looks pretty good: https://techcrunch.com/2021/02/14/original-content-podcast-netflixs-lupin-is-a-twisty-delight/


Steve IRL

Reading: Kings of Paradise

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...