Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Lasraik

Trackballs and Ergonomic Mouse

Recommended Posts

The last wireless mouse I've used (the last few) have frustrated me because they just weren't responsive enough for me.  I found this Logitech Trackball on Amazon and gave it a shot.  I was a little worried about the thumb handling all the movement and it causing more strain on my hand instead of other trackballs that you can use your fingers to go back and fourth and your thumb to press buttons.  So far it's been pretty comfortable.

I need another mouse and this time I want to go wired.  Started looking into an ergonomic mouse and wondered how comfortable they are.  

Do you prefer a trackball or a mouse and do you have any experience with ergonomic mouse?


Steve IRL

Reading: Beyond Redemption, The Virus and This Burning World

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a lefty, beggars can't be choosers i'm afraid. All of my mice at home, for the last 15 years have been the Microsoft Wireless Mice. They are symmetrical in design and perform well.


May the Force Live Long and Prosper.

Cynical Optimist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I gave up on trackballs, and am still heartbroke, after Microsoft stopped production of their Trackball Explorer.  I tried quite a few, including an earlier version of the one posted, but couldn't get one that worked or felt the same.  I then moved on to a wireless mouse, but it ate batteries like a fat kid in a candy store.  I then switched to my current mouse which is a Logitech G700 wireless/rechargeable mouse ... and it is starting to get a bit long in the tooth.  The left-click button is starting to go out.  I understand its replacement is not all that, so I'm halfheartedly looking for another while I eek out a few more miles on the current one.

 

 

 

Edited by Elovia

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." - Oscar Wilde

"I'm not bad; I'm just drawn that way." - Jessica Rabbit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recently upgraded to a Razer Naga Trinity.  I love my mouse buttons when I mmo, but the ability to modify the mouse is awesome!  It is smooth as silk and I can set my custom 1350 dpi.  I really like it.


People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Elovia said:

but it ate batteries like a fat kid in a candy store. 

I bought 4 cheap chinese rechargeables, which i've been using for the past 5 years. 2 on charge and two in the barrel. Never misses a beat. 

 

Stop using resources like there's no tomorrow, you... you... you... AMERICAN!


May the Force Live Long and Prosper.

Cynical Optimist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Pasanda said:

I bought 4 cheap chinese rechargeables, which i've been using for the past 5 years. 2 on charge and two in the barrel. Never misses a beat. 

 

Stop using resources like there's no tomorrow, you... you... you... AMERICAN!

I ditched the wireless and went back to corded.  However before that and for all our console controllers rechargeable batteries are the way to go.


People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pasanda said:

I bought 4 cheap chinese rechargeables, which i've been using for the past 5 years. 2 on charge and two in the barrel. Never misses a beat. 

 

Stop using resources like there's no tomorrow, you... you... you... AMERICAN!

As I mentioned, I'm currently using a G700 which is wireless or wired (and when wired, it recharges the batteries). Yeah, I didn't care for the amount of resources the old mouse required.

Logitech recently came out with a wireless mouse and wired mouse pad combo where the mouse bateries recharge inductively(?) during use. It looked interesting (when I last looked into it), but I haven't followed through watching its performance since it was announced. I'm curious about any potential long term health issues with daily and lengthy exposure.

Edited by Elovia

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." - Oscar Wilde

"I'm not bad; I'm just drawn that way." - Jessica Rabbit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Elovia said:

As I mentioned, I'm currently using a G700 which is wireless or wired (and when wired, it recharges the batteries). Yeah, I didn't care for the amount of resources the old mouse required.

Logitech recently came out with a wireless mouse and wired mouse pad combo where the mouse bateries recharge inductively(?) during use. It looked interesting (when I last looked into it), but I haven't followed through watching its performance since it was announced. I'm curious about any potential long term health issues with daily and lengthy exposure.

Never let little things like relevance and truth get in the way of a good racial slur. IMHO.


May the Force Live Long and Prosper.

Cynical Optimist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2018 at 2:21 PM, Elovia said:

I gave up on trackballs, and am still heartbroke, after Microsoft stopped production of their Trackball Explorer.  I tried quite a few, including an earlier version of the one posted, but couldn't get one that worked or felt the same.  I then moved on to a wireless mouse, but it ate batteries like a fat kid in a candy store.  I then switched to my current mouse which is a Logitech G700 wireless/rechargeable mouse ... and it is starting to get a bit long in the tooth.  The left-click button is starting to go out.  I understand its replacement is not all that, so I'm halfheartedly looking for another while I eek out a few more miles on the current one.

 

 

 

The Logitech trackball is working out OK, although the design forces your thumb to do most of the work so not sure it's all that efficient. 

On 4/17/2018 at 7:13 AM, MTGZuby said:

I have to use ergonomic mice now. No more gaming mice for me. Due to developing carpal tunnel I can no longer use normal mice.

Which mouse are you using now?  

On 4/17/2018 at 11:13 AM, JesGolbez said:

Trackballs? Those things still exist? Those were so 90s... 

 

I've only had one before that was given to me and I ended up really liking it.  


Steve IRL

Reading: Beyond Redemption, The Virus and This Burning World

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, MTGZuby said:

I am using an Anker TM137G wireless ergonomic mouse @Lasraik

Just ordered a wired Anker mouse from Amazon.  How do you like it?


Steve IRL

Reading: Beyond Redemption, The Virus and This Burning World

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...