Our book of the month is NOS4A2, the live stream is May 23rd at 12p PST, 1p MST, 2p CST & 3 EST.  Please RSVP here if you will be attending

The Faithful and the Fallen read along starts this month!  More info here

Check the Community Calendar for all scheduled meet ups

Sign in to follow this  
Lasraik

Top 5 Graphic Novel Recommendations Amazon Links

Here's the list of recommendations:

Some of these are free on Kindle Unlimited

Continuity Be Damned:

Stand Alone:

My Personal Top 5:

I took off some authors because I wanted to spread it out a bit.  Especially Garth Ennis, he's one of my favorite authors and I had a few of his on my top 5.  Here are a few other suggestions:

Battlefields: Dear Billy

In the tropical splendour of the South China sea, as the Second World War spreads across the far east, a young woman finds herself in paradise... and then in hell. Nurse Carrie Sutton is caught up in the Japanese invasion of Singapore, suffering horrors beyond her wildest nightmares- and survives. Now she attempts to start her life anew, buoyed up by a growing friendship with a wounded pilot- only for fate to deliver up the last thing she ever expected. Carrie at last has a chance for revenge... but should she take it? In the midst of a world torn apart by war, you can fight and you can win- but you still might not get the things you truly want.

Crossed Vol 1Warning that this is extreme horror.  It is not for the faint of heart, it's a survival horror story.  There are other spin offs like Wish You Were Here that is also pretty good.  All of what Eniss or Si Spurrier did is pretty solid, the rest is pretty hit and miss.

Garth Ennis has created the ultimate horror survival tale. Through ten heart-stopping chapters, Crossed is his horrifically visceral exploration of the pure evil that humans are truly capable of indulging. This gut-wrenching vision is brought to vivid (and more than a little disturbing) life by his partner in crime Jacen Burrows. Imagine, for a moment, the worst crimes against humanity. Picture the cruelest affronts to decency. Conjure your darkest nightmares... and then realize it could all be so much worse. When civilization crumbles in one terrifying moment; when people are gleefully breaking into unthinkable acts of violence all around you; when everyone you love has died screaming in agony: What do you do? There is no help. There is no hope. There is no escape. There are only the Crossed. Certain to be the most depraved and corrupt book of the year, this one is not for the faint of heart!

Uber Vol 1

From the jaws of defeat, the Nazi war machine is resurrected by walking battleship superhuman soldiers who turn the tide of World War II. Kieron Gillen unveils his epic new monthly series, which rewrites history with a horrifying twist! Super soldiers now turn the machinations of the Twentieth Century's greatest madman into reality. The Ubers are here and the world will tremble at their feet. But a deeply entrenched spy could be the difference in seeing the world remade in the Nazi vision and the Allies finding a way to stem the tide.

Max Brooks' Extinction Parade

• Max Brooks, the best selling Zombie writer in history, unleashes an all-new horror epic! As humans wage their losing fight versus the hoards of the subdead, a frightening realization sets in with the secretive vampire race: our food is dying off. This is the story of the vampire's descent into all-out war with the mindless, hungry hordes of the zombie outbreak as humanity tries to survive them all!
  • This collected edition contains the entire first chapter of Extinction Parade (ssues #1-5) and a massive undead cover gallery!
  • Max Brooks' best-selling novel, World War Z, has been adapted into one of 2013's biggest blockbuster movie releases, bringing increased media attention to this acclaimed author.
  • Legendary Pictures announced they have optioned Extinction Parade for a TV series.

Irredeemable

Legendary comic writer Mark Waid (KINGDOM COME) takes superhero comics to the next level asking the question, “What if the world’s greatest superhero decided to become the world’s greatest super-villain?” 

First volume at special introductory price of $9.99 ala DC’s FABLES and IMAGE’s WALKING DEAD.

A comic book industry event: a new original ongoing superhero series from Mark Waid! IRREDEEMABLE dares to ask the question: what if the world's greatest hero decided to become the world's greatest villain?  A "twilight of the superheroes"- style story that examines super-villains from the writer of KINGDOM COME and EMPIRE!

I'll add more as it comes to me...

Steve IRL

Reading: Poppy War

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero