Our book of the month is NOS4A2, the live stream is May 23rd at 12p PST, 1p MST, 2p CST & 3 EST.  Please RSVP here if you will be attending

The Faithful and the Fallen read along starts this month!  More info here

Check the Community Calendar for all scheduled meet ups

Sign in to follow this  
Lasraik

NFL 2021 Season

J.J. Watt chooses... Arizona?

I thought he would have chosen the Browns or Bills, they have the best chance for him to go deep in the playoffs.  Arizona sat at home for the playoffs last year and there's already talk about the head coach feeling a little heat.  Sounds like he wanted to be reunited with his old D coordinator and Hopkins, and like this was more about money than it is about winning... not that there's anything wrong with that.

seinfeld.gif

Steve IRL

Reading: Poppy War

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

14 hours ago, Boag said:

He also gets to play with Chandler Jones and doesn't have to play against his brother in playoffs until SB.

They play the Rams, Seahawks and 49ers all twice and I don't think it's a stretch to say the Cardinals may be the 3rd or 4th best team in the division.  They also have to contend with the rest of the NFC in the playoffs like the Saints, Bucs and Packers.

Had he gone to Cleveland the best team in that division is maybe the Steelers who aren't getting any better.

Steve IRL

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

True but he didn't want to have to play against his brother in the playoffs until the Super Bowl, similar to the Mannings.  And I don't think there is that big of difference between the teams in NFC, were AFC has KC that is on a level of its own.

I love what the browns are doing in free agency.  Normally you don't build your team that way, but they added 2 young, versatile secondary players from the Rams and also added a pretty good young linebacker.

That will go a long way to solidify that defense.

1 hour ago, Dunnar said:

I love what the browns are doing in free agency.  Normally you don't build your team that way, but they added 2 young, versatile secondary players from the Rams and also added a pretty good young linebacker.

That will go a long way to solidify that defense.

If Mayfield can play like he did last year the Browns will be a solid contender.

Steve IRL

The Browns signed Clowney to a one year 10 million dollar contract.  I don't get the hype around this guy, he had some moments in Houston but since then he hasn't been a difference maker in Seattle or Tennessee.  I know sometimes defensive linemen don't get the stats that you can immediately point to and it's more of a disruption thing but from what I've seen he isn't worth the money or trouble.

Steve IRL

2 hours ago, Lasraik said:

The Browns signed Clowney to a one year 10 million dollar contract.  I don't get the hype around this guy, he had some moments in Houston but since then he hasn't been a difference maker in Seattle or Tennessee.  I know sometimes defensive linemen don't get the stats that you can immediately point to and it's more of a disruption thing but from what I've seen he isn't worth the money or trouble.

I agree.  However, if he's healthy, he can be great.  It is a show me contract so I'm good with the risk.  We also signed another former first round D end on a show me deal.  Its about talent and depth to get to the QB and they are stockpiling that ... even before the draft.

image.png.25d48c44dccc5486423707d01771af2f.png

Well first round is done... Who's happy???  The one player I least wanted the Boy's to draft they go and draft.  Yea he has lots of physical upside but very little experience or instinct.  Doesn't matter how fast he is if he goes the wrong way.

8 hours ago, Boag said:

Well first round is done... Who's happy???  The one player I least wanted the Boy's to draft they go and draft.  Yea he has lots of physical upside but very little experience or instinct.  Doesn't matter how fast he is if he goes the wrong way.

Bills didn’t have that many picks this year, haven’t paid much attention to it.  Going to make a prediction that Trevor Lawrence will be a bust.

Steve IRL

Well either Dallas's scouts know something no one else on the planet does or Jerry Jones is totally gone.  Picked a guy in 3rd round that everyone else says is a UDFA.     

I LOVE what the Browns did.  They got the guy I wanted with the first pick, in the 2nd round.

On paper, the defense looks really good.

Bears did very well getting JF.  He is very accurate.

6 hours ago, Dunnar said:

I LOVE what the Browns did.  They got the guy I wanted with the first pick, in the 2nd round.

On paper, the defense looks really good.

Bears did very well getting JF.  He is very accurate.

Browns are looking pretty darn good. 

Steve IRL