Stacyejaye

Reading Sprints

@Jolien Reads @Stacyejaye

Do one of you want to host a Mirror's Truth reading sprint next month?

Steve IRL

Reading: Beyond Redemption, The Virus and This Burning World

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

Maybe best to pick a date pretty soon so everyone can put it in their schedule! Since it's the reading sprint for Mirror's Truth and we're discussing that one the 22 (or around that date), I'd say 31st of July or the 7th of August would be good if that works for everyone? Sprints at 8PM CET (think 1-2PM for everyone else) and then just because at 10 or 12PM? It's a Saturday so I can be flexible 😛

I must buy 1. an extra battery for my camera because it can't handle two lives back to back, and 2. better lighting because this one gave me a headache after 30 minutes 😂

Also, little bit irrelevant, but @Stacyejaye you said something about boardgames. Every roll and write I have is very easy to play online without having to buy an extra game on steam or something like that. I have Welcome To and On Tour but I can look a little bit further into it and see if other games can be played as well. Pictionary can work as well!

5 hours ago, Jolien Reads said:

Maybe best to pick a date pretty soon so everyone can put it in their schedule! Since it's the reading sprint for Mirror's Truth and we're discussing that one the 22 (or around that date), I'd say 31st of July or the 7th of August would be good if that works for everyone? Sprints at 8PM CET (think 1-2PM for everyone else) and then just because at 10 or 12PM? It's a Saturday so I can be flexible

Either day works for me. This will be fun!

Also, little bit irrelevant, but @Stacyejaye you said something about boardgames. Every roll and write I have is very easy to play online without having to buy an extra game on steam or something like that. I have Welcome To and On Tour but I can look a little bit further into it and see if other games can be played as well. Pictionary can work as well!

I'm up for anything! I thought it would make for some good content and lots of fun too. Pictionary! We did that for a team building exercise when we first had to quarantine. It was hilarious!

Maybe best to pick a date pretty soon so everyone can put it in their schedule! Since it's the reading sprint for Mirror's Truth and we're discussing that one the 22 (or around that date), I'd say 31st of July or the 7th of August would be good if that works for everyone? Sprints at 8PM CET (think 1-2PM for everyone else) and then just because at 10 or 12PM? It's a Saturday so I can be flexible 😛

I must buy 1. an extra battery for my camera because it can't handle two lives back to back, and 2. better lighting because this one gave me a headache after 30 minutes 😂

I’m good with whichever date, when you choose I’ll take the day off.  Giving us enough time before the discussion would be great

Steve IRL

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

10 hours ago, Jolien Reads said:

Great! If both work for everyone I think the 7th of August might be best so it's a little bit closer towards the actual discussion :D

Sounds good!

Having some Sunday reading sprints next week for anyone who's interested.   Thinking about two hours or so

Steve IRL

I was thinking about how much fun the Oathbreaker reading sprints made sense to start a group read.  Why don't we rotate book of the month kick off reading sprints?  Each month one of us could host a sprint as a fun way to start these group reads.  Even the bigger ones like the Dark Tower or Ash and Sand

Steve IRL

6 hours ago, Lasraik said:

I was thinking about how much fun the Oathbreaker reading sprints made sense to start a group read.  Why don't we rotate book of the month kick off reading sprints?  Each month one of us could host a sprint as a fun way to start these group reads.  Even the bigger ones like the Dark Tower or Ash and Sand

I love this idea!

@Stacyejaye @Ashley/ReadNowSleepLtr @Jolien Reads or anyone else interested pick which books of the months or group reads you would like to host so we can get them planned!

Steve IRL

Great idea!

I think for now I have Mirror's Truth for August 7 (I will add it to the calendar when I get home). It would be possible to also do one for Wrath and Queen of Fire but I don't know if August is packed and someone else can ofcourse also host those. Would be nice to start the last books in the series together. I'm hosting the discussion for the last book in Ash and Sand series in October, so I'm open to doing sprints as well for that one (and maybe someone else can do for 1 and 2?) In December I'm joining to read Children (book of the month) but again, I don't need to be the one to host the sprints but I would like it if there were sprints 😜

I know I've named quite a few but these are just the ones I'd be open to doing, depending on who wants to do them as well we can split!

9 hours ago, Jolien Reads said:

Great idea!

I think for now I have Mirror's Truth for August 7 (I will add it to the calendar when I get home). It would be possible to also do one for Wrath and Queen of Fire but I don't know if August is packed and someone else can ofcourse also host those. Would be nice to start the last books in the series together. I'm hosting the discussion for the last book in Ash and Sand series in October, so I'm open to doing sprints as well for that one (and maybe someone else can do for 1 and 2?) In December I'm joining to read Children (book of the month) but again, I don't need to be the one to host the sprints but I would like it if there were sprints 😜

I know I've named quite a few but these are just the ones I'd be open to doing, depending on who wants to do them as well we can split!

I'm open to any, it would a nice filler for weekends or nights we don't have planned events.  Whichever you'd like to host feel free!

Steve IRL

14 hours ago, Lasraik said:

@Stacyejaye @Ashley/ReadNowSleepLtr @Jolien Reads or anyone else interested pick which books of the months or group reads you would like to host so we can get them planned!

I’ll do a reading sprint for House of Leaves. I’ll double check the books of the month and see if there are any other ones I was planning on joining. 

3 hours ago, Stacyejaye said:

I will host a sprint for Kings of Paradise August 15th right after River of Thieves. I'll put it on the calendar asap

@Stacyejaye I hate asking, but can we bump that one hour up?  I have a buddy read meetup at 4pm EST but shouldn't take more than an hour.  Or we could do it before the River of Thieves discussion or on August 8th after Tower Lord

Steve IRL

18 hours ago, Jolien Reads said:

:)

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

I'll be there!

Steve IRL

On 7/14/2021 at 2:27 PM, Lasraik said:

@Stacyejaye I hate asking, but can we bump that one hour up?  I have a buddy read meetup at 4pm EST but shouldn't take more than an hour.  Or we could do it before the River of Thieves discussion or on August 8th after Tower Lord

I'll move it to 12pm EST on 8/15