Lasraik

Ash and Sand Trilogy Group Read 2.0 Sign Up (August 2021)

After finishing Kings of Ash, I already want to read the books again.  So, I'm going to be starting another group read for this trilogy in August starting with Kings of Paradise.

Gauging interest, especially those of you who didn't have time or room in your TBR to hop onto the one we're doing now.  Please let me know if you'd be interested in doing it with discussion videos for each book. 

August: Kings of Paradise hosted by @Stacyejaye

September: Kings of Ash hosted by @Raul Reads

October: Kings of Heaven hosted by @Jolien Reads

wh.gif

Steve IRL

Reading: The Dragon Republic, The Virus and This Burning World

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

12 minutes ago, Stacyejaye said:

Dang now I'm torn between waiting till August or reading it right now. Decisions decisions.

I was also going to ask you if you would want to host some of the live stream discussions for group read 2.0, I need at least one co-host.  Maybe we can convince @Jolien Reads to join us and split the three discussions🥃

Steve IRL

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

47 minutes ago, Jolien Reads said:

-puts trilogy on her birthday wishlist-

I'm easily convinced 😅 I guess by August I'll finish some series so I can start this one... Right?

I’ll look into a way to get this trilogy to you 🤔

Steve IRL

7 hours ago, Lasraik said:

I’ll look into a way to get this trilogy to you 🤔

As always you're way too kind but I think it would be really expensive 😕 I can get it via the Dutch Amazon pretty easily so I think I'm going to buy them soon!

7 minutes ago, Jolien Reads said:

As always you're way too kind but I think it would be really expensive 😕 I can get it via the Dutch Amazon pretty easily so I think I'm going to buy them soon!

From what I'm reading most people have the best luck buying through the U.S. Amazon site for shipping, which is weird.

Steve IRL

22 hours ago, Lasraik said:

I was also going to ask you if you would want to host some of the live stream discussions for group read 2.0, I need at least one co-host.  Maybe we can convince @Jolien Reads to join us and split the three discussions🥃

Yes! Count me in. I think I am going to order the paper copies too. I was trying to save money, but if they are as good as you say, I am going to want them on my shelf. Also, this way I can get out my annotation flags for these :) I'll even make a legend  😜

7 hours ago, Stacyejaye said:

Yes! Count me in. I think I am going to order the paper copies too. I was trying to save money, but if they are as good as you say, I am going to want them on my shelf. Also, this way I can get out my annotation flags for these :) I'll even make a legend  😜

Whoohoo!  We can start making announcements in a month or two, start getting the hype train rolling 

984577F7-D8DF-4CCA-A274-18A7A78FC94D.gif

Steve IRL

@Lasraik You have been so generous to the community and especially to me. I would like to give back. In order to get more people to read this series, I want to sponsor a giveaway for the entire trilogy (I can't afford physical copies so it will have to be ebooks only). You do the announcement and when you have a winner I will send you an amazon gift card for the amount (this is make it easier so the winner's information stays confidential between the two of you). 

On 5/17/2021 at 3:02 PM, Stacyejaye said:

@Lasraik You have been so generous to the community and especially to me. I would like to give back. In order to get more people to read this series, I want to sponsor a giveaway for the entire trilogy (I can't afford physical copies so it will have to be ebooks only). You do the announcement and when you have a winner I will send you an amazon gift card for the amount (this is make it easier so the winner's information stays confidential between the two of you). 

I'll throw in another winner, we'll have two winners! 

As for announcements, I was thinking we could all announce it around the same time.  Since it's in August, maybe we start next month? 

And I'm guessing discussions will be hosted by you ( @Stacyejaye ) @Jolien Reads and @Raul Reads

Steve IRL

2 hours ago, Raul Reads said:

If y’all need me to host one . Let me know 💛

32 minutes ago, Jolien Reads said:

I'm happy to host one! 

Looks like @Raul Reads @Stacyejaye and @Jolien Reads will be hosting.  I’ll let you all figure out who will host which book.  I’m excited 😁

Steve IRL

Great!

If it's the same for everyone, I'd like to host the last one. In August I have another one planned for our FATF readalong, and for September I'm really busy at work (deadline). Not that hosting versus being present is so different but it's slightly less work for me that way with the thumbnail for example.

47 minutes ago, Jolien Reads said:

Great!

If it's the same for everyone, I'd like to host the last one. In August I have another one planned for our FATF readalong, and for September I'm really busy at work (deadline). Not that hosting versus being present is so different but it's slightly less work for me that way with the thumbnail for example.

Edited the original post in this thread, I’ll add Stacey and Raul to whichever ones they decide on👍

Steve IRL

Hi friends! I know it's still a while, but maybe we need to pick dates for the liveshow? Since we have a couple of other ones going on as well and to make sure that we're all free on the same day. :D Unless I'm mistaken and we already have dates picked out... @Stacyejaye@Raul Reads@Lasraik