Our book of the month is NOS4A2, the live stream is May 23rd at 12p PST, 1p MST, 2p CST & 3 EST.  Please RSVP here if you will be attending

The Faithful and the Fallen read along starts this month!  More info here

Check the Community Calendar for all scheduled meet ups

Sign in to follow this  
Lasraik

Stephen King's IT: Mini Series vs. Movie

IT  

3 members have voted

1. 1. 1990 TV Mini Series or 2017 Movie?

• I'm over 40 years old and prefer the TV series
    • I'm over 40 years old and prefer the 2017 movie
    • I'm under 40 years old and prefer the TV series
    • I'm under 40 years old and prefer the 2017 movie
    • I'll float, too. (show results)

I noticed recently that I wasn't alone in not liking the IT movie that was released in 2017.  Had a comment on that video that most of the people who prefer the 1990 TV mini series grew up with it and like it better.  I would like to see what people of certain age ranges prefer.

I like the TV series better, you can't beat that version of Pennywise.

it2.jpg

The special effects they used in the 2017 movie felt too much like the other movies Andy Mushietti had done before (Mama especially) and just wasn't scary.  I did like that they went for it in the storm drain scene.

So as an experiment, vote for which you prefer:

1990 TV Mini Series

2017 Movie

Steve IRL

Reading: Poppy War

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

2017 for me, and mostly down to the excellent portrayal of Pennywise. He was horrific. Yeah, the sewer scene was a very brave move. I thought they could have done more with the 'having sex to drive him away' plotline from the book. But i understand why it was too delicate.

I really liked some of the characters in It Pt 2, especially the old lady. I had waking nightmares about her.

EDIT, oh and i really like Tim Curry too. Just not as good in this.

May the Force Live Long and Prosper.

Cynical Optimist

1 hour ago, Pasanda said:

2017 for me, and mostly down to the excellent portrayal of Pennywise. He was horrific. Yeah, the sewer scene was a very brave move. I thought they could have done more with the 'having sex to drive him away' plotline from the book. But i understand why it was too delicate.

I really liked some of the characters in It Pt 2, especially the old lady. I had waking nightmares about her.

EDIT, oh and i really like Tim Curry too. Just not as good in this.

The having sex to drive him away scene would have been a disaster 😬

Steve IRL

Reading: Poppy War

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero