Our book of the month is NOS4A2, the live stream is May 23rd at 12p PST, 1p MST, 2p CST & 3 EST.  Please RSVP here if you will be attending

The Faithful and the Fallen read along starts this month!  More info here

Check the Community Calendar for all scheduled meet ups

Lasraik

Plans for the Weekend 4.30.21 Edition

Working Friday and Saturday night.  

The live stream on @Lezlies channel with @Stacyejaye @Jolien Reads @BrandieNoel and @Johanna for the First Law wrap up.

Then right after that recording a conversation with author H.B. Diaz.  Looking forward to that.

What about you?

Steve IRL

Reading: Poppy War

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

Same, very much looking forward to the discussion! I'll probably spend some time on Sunday preparing and taking notes for that!

I just had a meeting with my boss and he decided he wants me to write two articles asap. Which is good news because I need two articles to get my PhD so yay, but also a lot of work so I'll need to work for a couple of hours this weekend as well unfortunately. At least it's for a good cause! Besides that I might try to set up a blog if I have time. If not that's for next weekend. :P

It's a bank holiday on Monday, so a 3 day weekend for all. There would normally be lots of dog walking, but my foot is sore... Still working through setting up TV. I may take the opportunity to test some of my 4k movies :) 

May try to paint the cabin. My wife has done most so far.

Mow the lawn.

Food shopping (which i love)

Maybe play a computer game. I'm playing some co-ops with my Son, and he's banned from xbox until Sunday.

May the Force Live Long and Prosper.

Cynical Optimist

1 hour ago, Lezlie said:

Very much looking forward to it!  I'll be setting up the stream and thumbnail today and will put the link here and on Discord :D

It's great because it's the First Law and we've read it together, but kind of a bummer that the trilogy is over 🤔

57 minutes ago, Pasanda said:

Best of luck with it. First book was a fine read.

Any plans to read the rest of the trilogy?

55 minutes ago, Jolien Reads said:

Same, very much looking forward to the discussion! I'll probably spend some time on Sunday preparing and taking notes for that!

I just had a meeting with my boss and he decided he wants me to write two articles asap. Which is good news because I need two articles to get my PhD so yay, but also a lot of work so I'll need to work for a couple of hours this weekend as well unfortunately. At least it's for a good cause! Besides that I might try to set up a blog if I have time. If not that's for next weekend. :P

Let me know if I can help with the blog setup, setting up these forums (different variations over the years) and modifications like blogs have given me a little bit of insight. 

Steve IRL

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

I finished Last Argument of Kings yesterday, so I am looking forward to our discussion Sunday. 

The weather is supposed to be rainy all weekend. That means I will get a lot of reading done, and no housework. 😂

I can't believe April is over already, but that means a whole new TBR list! This weekend I'm going to start ACOTAR and Nightfall (Daniel Barnett).

What is everyone else reading this weekend?

2 minutes ago, Stacyejaye said:

I finished Last Argument of Kings yesterday, so I am looking forward to our discussion Sunday. 

The weather is supposed to be rainy all weekend. That means I will get a lot of reading done, and no housework. 😂

I can't believe April is over already, but that means a whole new TBR list! This weekend I'm going to start ACOTAR and Nightfall (Daniel Barnett).

Hopefully finishing Nightmare and starting Escape Reality

Steve IRL

Going today with my kiddos and friends to see the Frida exhibit. Then lots of reading followed by more reading. I too was thinking about starting my blog this weekend. Trying to come up with a name for it. Maybe Brandie Babbles? I will also be at the live discussion for Last Argument of Kings! Looking forward to that!

Brandie

#teamkale

3 minutes ago, Stacyejaye said:

I’m finishing up a really weird series I started. Also hoping to finish This Paper World and then start A Court of Thorns and Roses 🌹 with you

Brandie

#teamkale

23 minutes ago, BrandieNoel said:

Going today with my kiddos and friends to see the Frida exhibit. Then lots of reading followed by more reading. I too was thinking about starting my blog this weekend. Trying to come up with a name for it. Maybe Brandie Babbles? I will also be at the live discussion for Last Argument of Kings! Looking forward to that!

I like Brandi Babbles!

Staying in this weekend (as I do most).  Made a batch of Breakfast Burritos, and started a crock pot of honey garlic chicken for dinner later.  The chicken dish is a trial, so I'm not sharing it yet until after I see how it turns out.

Also started a load of laundry; I'm so domestic.  🙄

@BrandieNoel ... love the mug.  That's awesome.  Coincidentally enough, the other day I was honestly considering getting this one from Amazon ...

Capture.JPG.3361aa8e16fd94c95bffca42d203fac8.JPG

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." - Oscar Wilde

"I'm not bad; I'm just drawn that way." - Jessica Rabbit

8 hours ago, Elovia said:

Staying in this weekend (as I do most).  Made a batch of Breakfast Burritos, and started a crock pot of honey garlic chicken for dinner later.  The chicken dish is a trial, so I'm not sharing it yet until after I see how it turns out.

Also started a load of laundry; I'm so domestic.  🙄

@BrandieNoel ... love the mug.  That's awesome.  Coincidentally enough, the other day I was honestly considering getting this one from Amazon ...

Capture.JPG.3361aa8e16fd94c95bffca42d203fac8.JPG

Ooh I didn’t see that one! I like it!

Brandie

#teamkale

On 4/30/2021 at 7:01 PM, Stacyejaye said:

@Lasraik and @Raul Reads I hate to do this to you...no I don't! You need to pick up Nightfall. I just read chapter 1 and it is so good!!

Tell them @Lezlie!

She speaks the truth! The first four of the series are on Kindle Unlimited too!

You all are bad influences, ordered via Amazon today after the stream.

Productive day, had the stream with you all then a conversation video with H.B. Diaz.  Did some editing and as soon as I stopped doing stuff my brain reminded my body I'm running on 2 hours of sleep. 😴 The joys of working nights.

Steve IRL

On 4/30/2021 at 4:30 PM, BrandieNoel said:

Frida exhibit

Was that in the V&A? Not huge fan if Frida, but envious you're in trip distance from Kensington. We'd need an overnight to make it work without too much of a rush.

Cynical Optimist

On 4/30/2021 at 3:22 PM, Lasraik said:

Any plans to read the rest of the trilogy?

Nothing specific. I have a few other books waiting to be read first. Not forgetting i read an average of 2 books per year 🤪

Cynical Optimist

Still technically my weekend.

We went out to dinner with friends last night for the first time in almost a year.  Are carbs and sugar, was fun at the time but paid the price after!

AD29A92D-D9C6-447D-872A-308379C39FD3.jpeg

Steve IRL

13 hours ago, Pasanda said:

Was that in the V&A? Not huge fan if Frida, but envious you're in trip distance from Kensington. We'd need an overnight to make it work without too much of a rush.

It was here in New Mexico temporarily but we caught it before it left. It was ok. I'm not a huge fan myself, but I still found it interesting.

Brandie

#teamkale

7 hours ago, BrandieNoel said:

It was here in New Mexico temporarily but we caught it before it left. It was ok. I'm not a huge fan myself, but I still found it interesting.

Oh. Coincidentally also here in London. I guess they must shift all the pieces from place to place.

Cynical Optimist

14 hours ago, Lasraik said:

Still technically my weekend.

We went out to dinner with friends last night for the first time in almost a year.  Are carbs and sugar, was fun at the time but paid the price after!

AD29A92D-D9C6-447D-872A-308379C39FD3.jpeg

My eyes went straight to the $10 bottle of cider. Would love to see what that's like.

Cynical Optimist