Sign in to follow this  
Lasraik

Why the "New Normal" at Theaters May Mean a Premium Experience for Moviegoers

Full article: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/movie-theaters-new-normal-covid-19-vaccines-premium-moviegoers

movies.PNG

I don't see something like this working, at least working as well as they think it will. 

With the economy just barely starting to re-open in most areas, most people don't have the extra income to spend extra on going to see a movie.  Streaming is the future, it will be interesting to see how many companies fall during this transition.  It almost reminds me of what the music industry went through in the early 2000's.  Why pay for a premium experience at a movie theater when you can stay home and watch new movies? 

Steve IRL

Reading: The Dragon Republic, The Virus and This Burning World

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

They need better content and to make the regular movie experience cheaper.

I dont understand why they dont expand to have more than just new releases.  Maybe have pay per view events, or sports, or even popular TV shows.  Rerun old classics?

5 hours ago, Dunnar said:

They need better content and to make the regular movie experience cheaper.

I dont understand why they dont expand to have more than just new releases.  Maybe have pay per view events, or sports, or even popular TV shows.  Rerun old classics?

I understand some theaters were renting out during the pandemic to people who wanted to play video games on the big screen.  Gamers had to bring their own device - provided it could attach to the digital projector.

Edited by Elovia

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." - Oscar Wilde

"I'm not bad; I'm just drawn that way." - Jessica Rabbit

11 hours ago, Elovia said:

I understand some theaters were renting out during the pandemic to people who wanted to play video games on the big screen.  Gamers had to bring their own device - provided it could attach to the digital projector.

Quake on a 100ft screen would be cool!

May the Force Live Long and Prosper.

Cynical Optimist