Sign in to follow this  
Stacyejaye

Olympic Read-a-thon

Hi Friends!

Shelf Space is hosting a read-a-thon in June. It is a competitive team based read-a-thon with 16 possible prompts, each one completed earns your team points. The teams are determined randomly and to join you only need to sign up by 5/24. All of the information is available on the Shelf Space discord server. https://discord.gg/pMP9NG

I am joining, so don't be a square and sign up too. Maybe we will be on the same team, or maybe we will be competing against one another. Either way, it will be F-U-N!  I know I have a ton of books to read in June, why not make it more fun with a competition?

SQQ.gif.68600257c415c40b80c86e5a54ec217c.gif

Jessie Mae put up a video announcement with some of the details. Check it out

Sounds really neat, I just have too much to read to join right now (and Discord, 🤢).  But I'm rooting for all of you!

Steve IRL

Reading: The Dragon Republic, The Virus and This Burning World

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

I don't like discord either. I don't know why everyone uses it. You can still join, just find a prompt that matches the books you already plan to read! That's what I did. 

2 hours ago, Lasraik said:

Sounds really neat, I just have too much to read to join right now (and Discord, 🤢).  But I'm rooting for all of you!

On 5/13/2021 at 10:29 PM, Stacyejaye said:

I don't like discord either. I don't know why everyone uses it. You can still join, just find a prompt that matches the books you already plan to read! That's what I did. 

I love Discord, been using it since it replaced Ventrilo as a gamer.  Much easier to navigate through the channels and quickly change between servers.  I'm the opposite of all y'all, I don't like forums.  BUT I'M TRYING!!!  

I'm a Team Captain for this readathon and we've been working on it for the last 4 months, so would love to see you guys!  

46 minutes ago, Lezlie said:

I love Discord, been using it since it replaced Ventrilo as a gamer.  Much easier to navigate through the channels and quickly change between servers.  I'm the opposite of all y'all, I don't like forums.  BUT I'M TRYING!!!  

I'm a Team Captain for this readathon and we've been working on it for the last 4 months, so would love to see you guys!  

Ah, Ventrilo... those were the days. 😍 Blast from the past

Steve IRL

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

23 hours ago, Lezlie said:

I'm like you Lezlie, I love discord 😂 I'm in way too many different ones, so it's sometimes hard to keep track of them all, but I like the format a lot! Forums as well, I don't have a clear preference for one or the other tbh.

I'm really excited for this read-a-thon. Here is my TBR so far. I tried to make sure I could fit my buddy reads in first. 

Poseidon: Sairo's Claw

Hermes: Assassin's Quest

Apollo: Fugitive Telemetry

Ares: Valor

Aphrodite: Persuasion

Athena: A Court of Mist and Fury

Eos: Blacktongue Thief

Nyx: Dawn of Robots

And I thought May was busy. 😅

6 minutes ago, Stacyejaye said:

I'm really excited for this read-a-thon. Here is my TBR so far. I tried to make sure I could fit my buddy reads in first. 

Poseidon: Sairo's Claw

Hermes: Assassin's Quest

Apollo: Fugitive Telemetry

Ares: Valor

Aphrodite: Persuasion

Athena: A Court of Mist and Fury

Eos: Blacktongue Thief

Nyx: Dawn of Robots

And I thought May was busy. 😅

Whoa, is that all in June?

Steve IRL

32 minutes ago, Lasraik said:

Whoa, is that all in June?

Yep! I have some other books on my backstage TBR 😜  to pull in if I have room. I have already read 7 books in May. But 4 of those were less than 200 pages. I am confident, because there are some really interesting books on this list.

31 minutes ago, Stacyejaye said:

Yep! I have some other books on my backstage TBR 😜  to pull in if I have room. I have already read 7 books in May. But 4 of those were less than 200 pages. I am confident, because there are some really interesting books on this list.

keanu.gif

Steve IRL

For the read-a-thon is there some kind of proof you need that you read a book or is it an honor system?

Steve IRL

Here are my hopes for the read-a-thon. I really wanted to add Persuasion, but I just can't seem to make it fit. But if I have extra time by some miracle, I will fit it in.

Also...I am going to listen to and read blood song...wish me luck lol

Readathonjune.png

Brandie

#teamkale

Nice! That's a big pile of books 😛 (PS: blood song would count as first in a series if you don't get to that book in June)

My list (important note is that I do not plan to read all of these, I'll see how far I get. The ones with a (*) I have to read as part of a buddy read or readalong thing

Political intrigue: the councillor

Last in a series or duology: the forgotten kingdom (*) - audio

First in a series or duology: blood song (*)

Red or white cover: iron gold - audio

Military centered:

Non traditional format: short story arcanum unbounded OR vinland saga

Kingdom: valour (*)

Oceans, lakes, rivers: piranesi

Undead: shadows return (*)

Found family:

Fire in cover or title: hollow empire (*)

Travel or quest: hobb 2? -audio

Moon or night: veil of spears

Beautiful cover: skullsworn (*)

Queendom: dragon republic (*) - audio

Food: ariadne