Sign in to follow this  
Lasraik

Plans for the Weekend? 5.14.21 Edition

Working tonight and Saturday, but having two streams on Sunday: The Nightmare discussion and the Sherlock season one stream a couple of hours after that.  Hope to finish Poppy War

What do you have planned?

Steve IRL

Reading: The Dragon Republic, The Virus and This Burning World

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

Hoping to join Las on Sunday with Sherlock. I have half of E03 to watch.

Going to look at the problem with the Smart curtains. Depressing to even mention it.

Literally no other plans. Which will hopefully mean a bit of gaming, watching films, or maybe cooking up something nice. I have a Teriyaki marinade that's calling out for some attention.

May the Force Live Long and Prosper.

Cynical Optimist

A lot of reading, as usual. I am reading a series that I am not particularly fond of right now, I don't really want to give up but I may have to step away from it and move on for now. I have other books on my May TBR that I am dying to get to and when I am reading something you aren't enjoying I find that I tend to read it a lot slower.

Our son starts some summer college classes Monday and he is taking a full load, so I plan to spend the weekend doing some meal prep for the week ahead. I will be on the road a lot! I'm kind of looking forward to that a little. I used to be taxi a lot more, so it feels like a return to normal life. I may not be saying that at the end of the summer! 🤣🤣

Gardening is always in the plansIMG-0147.thumb.jpg.64227cf3c78a5f40a75f5240168b54b5.jpg

Also planning to join in on Sherlock discussion. Excited about that, I really liked the first season.

Brandie

#teamkale

10 hours ago, Pasanda said:

Hoping to join Las on Sunday with Sherlock. I have half of E03 to watch.

Going to look at the problem with the Smart curtains. Depressing to even mention it.

Literally no other plans. Which will hopefully mean a bit of gaming, watching films, or maybe cooking up something nice. I have a Teriyaki marinade that's calling out for some attention.

Problems with the smart curtains?

Steve IRL

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

They were up 2 weeks and someone in my house thought it would be a good idea to add tie backs (ropes that keep them tied open) and not tell my son. Who shortly after tried to shut them. The motor now grinds and nothing happens. 

They were expensive, but it was the 10-20 hours of effort and thought getting them up that really pisses me off. 

Cynical Optimist

I'm filming a vlog and doing some Spring cleaning around the house, the husband is tackling the yard. Besides that I hope to film and edit my review for First Law to have it on the channel tomorrow evening. If the weather stays nice, I'll go for a long walk with the dogs, the eldest turned 3 today so my husband went on a drive with him (he loves sitting in the car, we don't know why 😂).

Had a busy Sunday, two live streams but had lots of fun.

Finally got to chat with @Pasanda after so many years of going back and fourth on forums

Steve IRL

1 hour ago, Dunnar said:

That's awesome!  I'd be in favor of that.  Talked to you forever here ... but not irl.

We talked about season one of Sherlock for over an hour and a half.  Check out the movie of the month thread, we'll be watching a movie each month and chatting about it.

Steve IRL

It was a fun and interesting thing to do, and that's from a self-confessed unsociable person. It would be great to meet f2f Dunnar. We've spoken together many times on Teamspeak, but that's not the same.

Cynical Optimist