Lasraik

Nominations for June 2021

Any nominations for June?  If we get more than one we can randomize the list and name them June, July, August ect. picks to get the ball rolling

Steve IRL

Reading: Beyond Redemption, The Virus and This Burning World

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

10 hours ago, Pasanda said:

I'd probably go with Nobody. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7888964/

It's on Amazon Prime Video, iTunes, Vudu, and Google Play.

That’s a good choice.  I’ll look over what’s on the streaming sites

Steve IRL

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

Was thinking we could take these nominations and randomly pick them, then we'll have the first several months planned.  What do you all think?

Just waiting on @Jolien Reads nomination!

Steve IRL

23 minutes ago, Lasraik said:

Was thinking we could take these nominations and randomly pick them, then we'll have the first several months planned.  What do you all think?

Just waiting on @Jolien Reads nomination!

I'll go with whatever you all think. 

May the Force Live Long and Prosper.

Cynical Optimist

1 hour ago, Jolien Reads said:

I'm open for anything! 

My nomination: Sunshine. But I have no idea if it is easily available for all of you.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0448134/

That's my top vote so far (aside from my own :) ), in that it's in my list of must rewatch. I saw it when it first came out on low res, low audio. I made a point of rewatching it again when i had access to a better quality print, which i do.

Cynical Optimist

Gave each movie a number and ran them through a number generator, here's the order:

Sunshine (June) Host: @Jolien Reads

Those Who Wish Me Dead (July) Host: @Stacyejaye

Nobody (August) Host: @Pasanda ??

The Little Things (September) Host: @BrandieNoel

Pumping Iron (October) Host: 🥳

Since I have October I will probably pick a horror movie instead... cause it's October and all.

Everyone good with this?  If so, we can probably plan on the first or second Sunday of each month depending on other events or personal schedules.  For our friends overseas we can start at 12pm MST (the times we start other streams like Faithful and the Fallen) to help with the time difference.  How does Sunday, June 6th sound for Sunshine?

Please reply so we know that day works for each of you and can get it on the calendar!

Steve IRL

8 minutes ago, BrandieNoel said:

Definitely, yes you will host.  I need a break. 😦

Steve IRL

2 hours ago, Lasraik said:

Gave each movie a number and ran them through a number generator, here's the order:

Sunshine (June) Host: @Jolien Reads

Those Who Wish Me Dead (July) Host: @Stacyejaye

Nobody (August) Host: @Pasanda ??

The Little Things (September) Host: @BrandieNoel

Pumping Iron (October) Host: 🥳

Since I have October I will probably pick a horror movie instead... cause it's October and all.

Everyone good with this?  If so, we can probably plan on the first or second Sunday of each month depending on other events or personal schedules.  For our friends overseas we can start at 12pm MST (the times we start other streams like Faithful and the Fallen) to help with the time difference.  How does Sunday, June 6th sound for Sunshine?

Please reply so we know that day works for each of you and can get it on the calendar!

I'm fine with this. June 6th should be good for me.

I'm away weekend of the 6th. Camping with my lad and his mates. It's his highlight of the year, and would never forgive me if we didn't go.

It's going to be damn near impossible to make dates work for everyone, so we're going to have to expect attrition. 

I can still watch and forward a few notes, if that works for you Jolien. 

Cynical Optimist

4 hours ago, Pasanda said:

I'm away weekend of the 6th. Camping with my lad and his mates. It's his highlight of the year, and would never forgive me if we didn't go.

It's going to be damn near impossible to make dates work for everyone, so we're going to have to expect attrition. 

That's a bummer, but like you said it'll be tough having the planets align each month.

@Jolien Reads are you OK with June 6th to host the 'Sunshine' chat?

Steve IRL

9 hours ago, Pasanda said:

Like Steve said, this is a bummer. But, what an awesome excuse for missing. I hope you are your son have a great time.

12 hours ago, Stacyejaye said:

Like Steve said, this is a bummer. But, what an awesome excuse for missing. I hope you are your son have a great time.

That's very kind of you. It's our 5th year, and we love it. My mate and his 2 boys go along and we all share a big tent. They're into their water sports, and i pretend to read on the beach. We spend nights playing board games in the dimly lit tent. Forbidden Island is our current favourite. There is a Mussel-bed nearby where the boys pick up our evening meals (butter, garlic, shallots, and a good splosh of cider, cooked in a field with some crusty bread).

It's laying down life-memories for them.

Cynical Optimist

@Pasanda you're up next month with Nobody.  Do you have a channel to host the discussion?

It's a bummer you couldn't make it today

Steve IRL

No worries. Lots of time off work in August. I mgiht make it an hour or so earlier, selfishly!!! I hope that works for others. I don't have a channel and have not hosted before. Can i steal someone else?

Cynical Optimist

3 hours ago, Pasanda said:

No worries. Lots of time off work in August. I mgiht make it an hour or so earlier, selfishly!!! I hope that works for others. I don't have a channel and have not hosted before. Can i steal someone else?

Sure, just let us know day and time so we can add it to the calendar.  You mean steal someone else's channel?  I'm sure none of us would mind

Steve IRL