Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dunnar

UAP (UFO)

Recommended Posts

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/ufo-military-intelligence-video-60-minutes-2021-05-16/

Quote

UFOs regularly spotted in restricted U.S. airspace, report on the phenomena due next month

Bill Whitaker reports on the regular sightings of unidentified aerial phenomena, or UAP, that have spurred a report due to Congress next month.

There's the transcribed video or the video if you want to watch.

Quote

For a week, the advanced new radar on a nearby ship, the USS Princeton, had detected what operators called "multiple anomalous aerial vehicles" over the horizon, descending 80,000 feet in less than a second.

The fastest bullets are approximately 2,600 ft/sec.

Interesting stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2020: What a year!

2021: Hold my beer

mars.gif

 

But seriously, this is really interesting and I'm curious why this is being released now. 


Steve IRL

Reading: The Dragon Republic, The Virus and This Burning World

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lasraik said:

But seriously, this is really interesting and I'm curious why this is being released now. 

Same.

I think its an interesting angle on this.  Meaning they aren't interested in what it is per say, but more from the angle of we have an anomaly that routinely violates our airspace and nothing in our arsenal can compete.

That said, I 1000% believe in life.  I am very skeptical if it has visited, but I am open to the possibility. The US government admitting they have observed objects traveling in excess of 80k ft/sec via infrared, radar, target acquisition systems and visual contact further removes my skepticism.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dunnar said:

Same.

I think its an interesting angle on this.  Meaning they aren't interested in what it is per say, but more from the angle of we have an anomaly that routinely violates our airspace and nothing in our arsenal can compete.

That said, I 1000% believe in life.  I am very skeptical if it has visited, but I am open to the possibility. The US government admitting they have observed objects traveling in excess of 80k ft/sec via infrared, radar, target acquisition systems and visual contact further removes my skepticism.  

Could it be other countries testing their secret aircraft?


Steve IRL

Reading: The Dragon Republic, The Virus and This Burning World

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Lasraik said:

Could it be other countries testing their secret aircraft?

Who knows. 

I watched the extra and at the end they made a comment that was interesting.  The acceleration occurs without any visible sign of propulsion.  Throw away the how of acceleration, we can't even construct anything that would survive the forces involved to propel something at those rates.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/navy-ufo-sighting-60-minutes-2021-05-16/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Similar to Dunnar.

Given the billions of stars in our galaxy, and the billions of galaxies, I cannot accept that we are the only one that has life. The notion is ridiculous.

Given the unfathomable distances between those planets - just our nearest star would take a quarter of a million years to travel to at light speed - I also cannot imagine that any other life has had time to evolve sufficiently to reach us, and possibly may never do so, considering that we are all moving further away from each other at around 1% the speed of light.

So, for me it breaks my heart that there is all this other life out there, and that it is likely we will never contact it, or it us.


May the Force Live Long and Prosper.

Cynical Optimist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Pasanda said:

Similar to Dunnar.

Given the billions of stars in our galaxy, and the billions of galaxies, I cannot accept that we are the only one that has life. The notion is ridiculous.

Given the unfathomable distances between those planets - just our nearest star would take a quarter of a million years to travel to at light speed - I also cannot imagine that any other life has had time to evolve sufficiently to reach us, and possibly may never do so, considering that we are all moving further away from each other at around 1% the speed of light.

So, for me it breaks my heart that there is all this other life out there, and that it is likely we will never contact it, or it us.

I agree, there has to be something out there.

But what if we are the advanced civilization and the others are far behind? 🤔

grandpa.gif


Steve IRL

Reading: The Dragon Republic, The Virus and This Burning World

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pasanda said:

Given the unfathomable distances between those planets - just our nearest star would take a quarter of a million years to travel to at light speed - I also cannot imagine that any other life has had time to evolve sufficiently to reach us, and possibly may never do so, considering that we are all moving further away from each other at around 1% the speed of light.

So, for me it breaks my heart that there is all this other life out there, and that it is likely we will never contact it, or it us.

I look at it the opposite way.  Consider we, Homo Sapiens, have been present for what, 300,000 years?  Our ancestors wouldn't comprehend the technology we have now.  Just look at the progress we made in the last 20 years. 

Estimates have our solar system at 4 billion years old with the universe being something like 13 billion.  What if something evolved with comparable human intelligence 1 million years ago ... where would there technology be?  What if they evolved 1 billion years ago?  5 billion?  What if something evolved 5 billion years ago that had double our intellectual capability?  What would that technology look like?  We're not even smart enough to think of the problems that they would already have solutions for.

Space is huge.  Traveling it seems impossible.  But we don't know what we don't know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...