Lasraik

Welcome New Members

Hello everyone. The link too the Introductions Area didn't work, so I hope I'm posting in the right place.

I'm Brad from North Carolina. I've recently got into a position in life where I have a little more time on my hands and find myself getting bored with mundane habits (mindlessly scrolling through IG, reddit... etc) and looking for people to share and discuss shared interests and maybe gain some new ones.

A quick browse through the site revealed lots of topics to stay engaged! I definitely dig music since I'm a musician of sorts so I'm looking fowars to those threads. I game some, but nothing like I used to. Still rockin my PS4 now.

I recently got a gaming laptop primarily for recording music. But it got me thinking about PC gaming again... which led to me reminiscing about the game that got me hooked awhile back. It also reminded me of old friends, so I thought I would try to possibly knock out two birds with one stone by finding some of these friends and possibly a community at the same time.

So I Googled Furiant...the guild from the game I previously mentioned. I recognized the name Lasraik. I Googled that, and here I am. But Lasraik would probably remember me better as Dooood.

So I hope to be another good person among good people and find some camaraderie to fill the little void in my life.

I kinda struggle with motivation, but looking forward to pushing myself to stay engaged here!

7 hours ago, Brad said:

Hello everyone. The link too the Introductions Area didn't work, so I hope I'm posting in the right place.

I'm Brad from North Carolina. I've recently got into a position in life where I have a little more time on my hands and find myself getting bored with mundane habits (mindlessly scrolling through IG, reddit... etc) and looking for people to share and discuss shared interests and maybe gain some new ones.

A quick browse through the site revealed lots of topics to stay engaged! I definitely dig music since I'm a musician of sorts so I'm looking fowars to those threads. I game some, but nothing like I used to. Still rockin my PS4 now.

I recently got a gaming laptop primarily for recording music. But it got me thinking about PC gaming again... which led to me reminiscing about the game that got me hooked awhile back. It also reminded me of old friends, so I thought I would try to possibly knock out two birds with one stone by finding some of these friends and possibly a community at the same time.

So I Googled Furiant...the guild from the game I previously mentioned. I recognized the name Lasraik. I Googled that, and here I am. But Lasraik would probably remember me better as Dooood.

So I hope to be another good person among good people and find some camaraderie to fill the little void in my life.

I kinda struggle with motivation, but looking forward to pushing myself to stay engaged here!

Oh man it’s good to hear from you again, of course I remember you from the Dark Age of Camelot days.  Glad you came by!

Steve IRL

Reading: Tower Lord and This Burning World

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

12 hours ago, Brad said:

I remember you too!!! My main On DAOC was Annian! Glad you found us!! Welcome!!

Brandie

Currently Reading:

River of Theives

Bromance Book Club

2 hours ago, Pasanda said:

Welcome Dood. Fellow DAOC'er here. But not a dirty Hib.

I thought Mids were dirty and hibs were the tree huggers

Steve IRL

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

Thanks for the welcomes. Everyone knows Hibs rule.... we're one with nature. Nature gives us beer, liquor, herbs... the party is in Hibernia 😎🤙

I remember you too, Brandie! My sister's name is Brandy, made it easier to remember you and Steve.

17 minutes ago, bookchara said:

Hey, Steve! Hey, everyone! I know Steve from the BookTube and get to be on his Friday Discussions in October! Thought I'd join the party and see what this forum was all about 🙂

Welcome!

1 hour ago, bookchara said:

Hey, Steve! Hey, everyone! I know Steve from the BookTube and get to be on his Friday Discussions in October! Thought I'd join the party and see what this forum was all about 🙂

Great to see you here!

Steve IRL

17 hours ago, Brad said:

Thanks for the welcomes. Everyone knows Hibs rule.... we're one with mods on our side, and OP'ed NS's 😎🤙

Fixed that for ya.

Hey, it's just like going back 15 years...

May the Force Live Long and Prosper.

Cynical Optimist

13 hours ago, Pasanda said:

Fixed that for ya.

Hey, it's just like going back 15 years...

I'm old enough to remember when Shadowblades were one shotting everything in sight before they were nerfed to the ground.  At least we can all agree that Infiltrators were far and away the most OP'd assassin class.

Steve IRL

19 minutes ago, Lasraik said:

I'm old enough to remember when Shadowblades were one shotting everything in sight before they were nerfed to the ground.  At least we can all agree that Infiltrators were far and away the most OP'd assassin class.

That 9 second stun is still bullshit. 😠

9 hours ago, Lasraik said:

The nerf occured about a week before i first started. So i got no benefit, but years of people reminding me of it. 15 years later.... 

May the Force Live Long and Prosper.

Cynical Optimist