Sign in to follow this  
Lasraik

Plans for the Weekend 5.21.21 Edition

Busy weekend ahead, two streams on Saturday and one on Sunday.  Hope to get more Malice reading done. 

Not working Saturday night so I'm happy about that. 🥳

What do you have planned?

Steve IRL

Reading: The Dragon Republic, The Virus and This Burning World

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

Have fun with the streams! Great that you have the night off (especially if it's a busy stream weekend)!

I'm making progress in Malice as well. Currently at page 400 and I hope to get to 450-500 today, 600 tomorrow, and finish the book on Monday (I have a long weekend, Monday is a holiday in Belgium). I'd also like to finish my audiobook Sistersong.

Besides that I'd like to film, edit and upload one video today (announcements), and another one tomorrow (review for Sistersong or the Red Rising trilogy) and clean the entire kitchen. Monday we're hosting a bbq with some friends but I'm going to keep the preparation to a minimum 🙈

Well so far I've stayed in bed binging the last few episodes of NOS4A2. Now it's lunch time, so time to get up and make some food. Then I will be watching the Poppy War stream! 

Sometime this weekend I plan to read. I want to finish From Lukov With Love and get to the halfway point of Malice.

I installed a new wifi access point in the hallway a few weeks ago, but my wife didn't like the colour (cue Dick-Dastardly moaning). Took me around 3 hours to switch 3 routers around and reconfigure all the smart devices, laptops and other IoT stuff to connect to the new access points.

We went out for a meal with friends on Sat. First time in a year or so. It wasn't the best food, but it was fun to get out.

Sold my old surround speakers and a separate centre speaker yesterday. Looking around for a way to package a 40 pound parcel safely.

Helped my son sink a builders tub into the garden, to build a wildlife pond. 

thumbnail_IMG_20210522_164726.jpg

May the Force Live Long and Prosper.

Cynical Optimist

2 hours ago, Boag said:

What kind of wildlife are you expecting to use the tub?

We have a larger pond nearby, which has fish and frogs. If they have more offspring, we could consider moving them to this while still small. Frogs can stay as long as they like. In the neighbourhood there are newts. But it will mostly be aquatics insects. We have a busy bird-feeder near it too, and would expect some of them to use this for drinking and the small terracotta plate for bathing too. I don't really understand how tis tub will stay clear and clean. The other pond has pumps and large filtration systems to maintain that water. But the guy on the TV reckoned it would be fine. We'll see...

If it becomes a mosquito nursery, it's gone.

May the Force Live Long and Prosper.

Cynical Optimist

Its grad party season and they kicked off this weekend.  Had a friends 50th birthday and pool party get together mixed in.  Weather was outstanding.  Lots of places are ditching the mask rules.  Finally getting back to normal.

Had my parents over for Mother's day.  Couldn't swing the actual day with the kids so we delayed it.

I grilled trout and it turned out excellent.  I bought these mats  and they are really really good.  Way better than the grates that you have to scrub and end up getting corroded anyway.  You can do fish, vegetables, whatever you like on them.  Going to try shrimp next.