Sign in to follow this  
Pasanda

Plans for the Weekend 5.28.21 Edition

Even though you, my US cousins, write your dates all wonky-n-stuff, i'll play along.

Hoping to make the Sherlock Season 2 discussion on Sunday. Half way through episode 2 at the moment. They're film length, so still have 1.5 movies to absorb. Trying to decide what to drink for it too. There's no red wine in the house, so may buy some tomorrow.

Getting ready for Boys Camping next week (when i see it written, it sounds dodgy). Me and Fin go with a mate and his 2 boys, take a tent to a beach near the village of Port Eynon on the Gower Peninsula. We're not exactly rough camping. There will be power, a portable fridge and plenty of beer. So dusting off the camping gear in preparation.

I'm sure my wife will try to drag us out for a long dog walk, if the weather holds.

Not much else planned, which is rather lovely. 

May the Force Live Long and Prosper.

Cynical Optimist

Seems like you have some good things planned! Hopefully the weather is nice for the camping trip next weekend (and this weekend for the dog walk!)

I don't have too much planned. I'm crawling towards the weekend at this point (it's 11 in the morning here and damn, can't get myself to do my work 😂 I'm just staring at my screen) so when I get home I'm just going to read a book or watch a movie. Tomorrow evening we have boardgame night with another couple if the weather allows it to sit outside, and on Sunday we have the discussion stream for Malice! I'm looking forward to that one a lot!

We do write dates pretty wonky.

I hope you’re able to make the Sherlock discussion, let me know what you plan to drink so I can join the fun.

Working Friday and Saturday, but excited for our Malice meet up Sunday with @Jolien Reads and a ton of others.  It’s been planned for months so it’s exciting to see so many people join us.

Steve IRL

Reading: The Dragon Republic, The Virus and This Burning World

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

Its Memorial Day weekend here in the states.

I cleared my afternoon schedule and leaving work early.  Instructed the staff to do the same.  I believe my exact words were bury your laptop in the back yard and dig it up on Tuesday. :D  Been working our asses off lately, so this will be a great break.

Meeting my gf and her friends for drinks after work.  Couple of graduation parties tomorrow.  Tomorrow night is our annual Italian club dinner, which was canceled last year.  Sunday, a bunch of us are going canoeing.

Monday, I don't have any plans.  Maybe golf.  Maybe some shopping.  I have a trip coming up to Utah to hit the national parks.  Excited to finally go somewhere!

It has been a crazy week so I plan to catch up on laundry, do some meal prep for the week ahead, lots of reading, and hoping to work on a blog post.

I gave  up on Malice...sorry everyone, I just couldn't get into it. But I will watch the stream and cheer you all on! 📣

Brandie

#teamkale

On 5/28/2021 at 10:13 AM, Lasraik said:

We do write dates pretty wonky.

I hope you’re able to make the Sherlock discussion, let me know what you plan to drink so I can join the fun.

Working Friday and Saturday, but excited for our Malice meet up Sunday with @Jolien Reads and a ton of others.  It’s been planned for months so it’s exciting to see so many people join us.

I went for a South American shiraz. But have most things, including some incredibly hoppy IPA and a bottle of Jameson daring me to have a snifter. Any of those take your fancy? 

May the Force Live Long and Prosper.

Cynical Optimist

Was a blast today, thanks all for participating in streams.  Hope those of you who haven’t joined us yet will hop on.  The movie of the month is a great way for you non book nerds to join the fun

Steve IRL

Reading: The Dragon Republic, The Virus and This Burning World

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero