Lasraik

The Dark Tower Group Read - August 2021

Starting the Dark Tower in August because I'm a sucker for peer pressure.

Steve IRL

Reading: The Dragon Republic, The Virus and This Burning World

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

2 minutes ago, Stacyejaye said:

Woohoo! Gunslinger is less than 300 pages

Heart Attack Close Call GIF by reactionseditor

Steve IRL

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

So we can start preparing, I have 3 questions:

1.) Will you be reading this series with us?

2.) Will you be joining on camera for discussions each month?

3.) Do you want to host discussions?

I ask because some may want to read but not join the stream, or want to join but not host.  So let’s get a list of who wants to host and get at least an rough schedule planned.

for me it’s yes to all 3 btw.  As people start posting I’ll update this post with lists of who wants to host, who will be reading ect

Steve IRL

Oh my... I tried the first book 10-15 years ago and didn't like it (Dutch edition at the time). I still think I won't but I do want to try some King. If I can fit it in I will read the first book with you guys but since I don't know if I will continue after that I don't want to commit for anything else. If spaces are open and I have read the book, I'll come and chat and otherwise you can find me in the livechat :D

4 hours ago, Jolien Reads said:

Oh my... I tried the first book 10-15 years ago and didn't like it (Dutch edition at the time). I still think I won't but I do want to try some King. If I can fit it in I will read the first book with you guys but since I don't know if I will continue after that I don't want to commit for anything else. If spaces are open and I have read the book, I'll come and chat and otherwise you can find me in the livechat :D

homer simpson eating GIF

Steve IRL

10 hours ago, Josh Neller said:

I can finish the book in a week or so. I don't feel under pressure.

Okay, maybe a little. 

I think the books get bigger 😅

Steve IRL