Starting the Dark Tower in August because I'm a sucker for peer pressure.

Hosts:

August: The Gunslinger - Steve

September: The Drawing of the Three - @Stacyejaye

October: The Waste Lands - @Stacyejaye

November: Wizard and Glass - @Mazabooktuber

December:  Wolves of the Calla - @Kayla Lenzen

January: Song of Susannah - @EpicTalez

February: The Dark Tower - Steve

March:  The Wind Through the Keyhole - @Lana (Lore & Lullabies)

Please note that the Wind Through the Keyhole date has been moved to March and all other events moved up after our Gunslinger conversation.

If you will be attending please RSVP for the event so we save a spot for you! 

Steve IRL

Reading: Aching God

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

So we can start preparing, I have 3 questions:

1.) Will you be reading this series with us?

2.) Will you be joining on camera for discussions each month?

3.) Do you want to host discussions?

I ask because some may want to read but not join the stream, or want to join but not host.  So let’s get a list of who wants to host and get at least an rough schedule planned.

for me it’s yes to all 3 btw.  As people start posting I’ll update this post with lists of who wants to host, who will be reading ect

Steve IRL

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

Oh my... I tried the first book 10-15 years ago and didn't like it (Dutch edition at the time). I still think I won't but I do want to try some King. If I can fit it in I will read the first book with you guys but since I don't know if I will continue after that I don't want to commit for anything else. If spaces are open and I have read the book, I'll come and chat and otherwise you can find me in the livechat :D

4 hours ago, Jolien Reads said:

Oh my... I tried the first book 10-15 years ago and didn't like it (Dutch edition at the time). I still think I won't but I do want to try some King. If I can fit it in I will read the first book with you guys but since I don't know if I will continue after that I don't want to commit for anything else. If spaces are open and I have read the book, I'll come and chat and otherwise you can find me in the livechat :D

homer simpson eating GIF

Steve IRL

10 hours ago, Josh Neller said:

I can finish the book in a week or so. I don't feel under pressure.

Okay, maybe a little. 

I think the books get bigger 😅

Steve IRL

Hey guys! I want to definitely join in the stream for all the discussions and will reread the gunslinger because I read that one a year ago but I have read the last three fairly recent so I don’t think I need a reread but i would love to host The Wizard and Glass (which is the fourth book )stream just because it has been my favorite so far! But I will definitely would love to be in the streams. Also their is a 4.5 book idk how you guys want to go about reading that one if you guys want to read it after the fourth or when we finish the series because we will finish it right?! Lolol the 4.5 book is The wind through the keyhole and it’s fairly short 309 pages but it’s very popular within the constant reader community 

35 minutes ago, Mazabooktuber said:

Hey guys! I want to definitely join in the stream for all the discussions and will reread the gunslinger because I read that one a year ago but I have read the last three fairly recent so I don’t think I need a reread but i would love to host The Wizard and Glass (which is the fourth book )stream just because it has been my favorite so far! But I will definitely would love to be in the streams. Also their is a 4.5 book idk how you guys want to go about reading that one if you guys want to read it after the fourth or when we finish the series because we will finish it right?! Lolol the 4.5 book is The wind through the keyhole and it’s fairly short 309 pages but it’s very popular within the constant reader community 

That's awesome!  We'll hopefully have dates soon but really excited you're hosting the Wizard and Glass discussion. 

16 minutes ago, Jacquie Lou's Book Queue said:

I'm in for all 3.  I'm new here so I will just follow along and comment .  No hosting 🤫

That's great to hear!  Let me know if you need a hand or have any questions

Steve IRL

On 6/8/2021 at 5:39 PM, Lasraik said:

Starting the Dark Tower in August because I'm a sucker for peer pressure.

Hosts:

Steve

@Stacyejaye

@Mazabooktuber The Wizard and Glass (4th book)

I'm good to host anytime, but since I am hosting the KOP discussion in August, I would rather just for book 2 in September

I would be down to take on one of the streams. I am travelling to Nigeria for the first time in 10 years so december and January are a no no for me. I can take the stream in March. @Jeremy Fee you don't have to show your face. you can switch on your audio and shut off your camera. It would be dope to have you for this. Also don't forget about our deal

I will be reading, watching & learning. My life should be more settled by September. Hopefully by then I will know if I want to host one of the later books in the series. If they aren’t already filled up by then. Excited 🤗 I don’t know if this emoji is hugging everyone or just doing jazz hands, either way it works.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Fee said:

1.) Will you be reading this series with us? Sure.

2.) Will you be joining on camera for discussions each month? No.

3.) Do you want to host discussions? No.

Only one book a month? Hmmm... I may end up reading ahead some.

Can always join discussions with just a microphone 😎

1 hour ago, EpicTalez said:

I would be down to take on one of the streams. I am travelling to Nigeria for the first time in 10 years so december and January are a no no for me. I can take the stream in March. @Jeremy Fee you don't have to show your face. you can switch on your audio and shut off your camera. It would be dope to have you for this. Also don't forget about our deal

Have you down for February, let me know if you'd rather have March to be safe after your trip!

20 minutes ago, Summer (Quaker cats) said:

I will be reading, watching & learning. My life should be more settled by September. Hopefully by then I will know if I want to host one of the later books in the series. If they aren’t already filled up by then. Excited 🤗 I don’t know if this emoji is hugging everyone or just doing jazz hands, either way it works.

Fx Reaction GIF

I hope all is well Summer!

Steve IRL

Added all event dates and times to the original post in this thread.  I try to schedule them earlier in the day for our friends overseas, some may change so be sure to keep an eye on the calendar periodically for any changes!

I'm excited!

darktower.gif

Steve IRL

19 minutes ago, Lana (Lore & Lullabies) said:

I'm in!! I can host December if you still need someone. It's my birthday month so it'll be fun

Awesome, I'll add you to the list!

Steve IRL

hey! I’ve been going through a bit of a slump lately so i’m order to get back into the fun of reading I’m going to be stepping away from buddy reads for a bit. I’m doing this so that I don’t have that added pressure and can just relax with my reading. So that means I won’t be joining in on this buddy read. So sorry about that Steve and everyone else! I do hope you all enjoy this series though and am looking forward to hearing your thoughts! Thanks 😁

6 hours ago, Mitch Simoes said:

hey! I’ve been going through a bit of a slump lately so i’m order to get back into the fun of reading I’m going to be stepping away from buddy reads for a bit. I’m doing this so that I don’t have that added pressure and can just relax with my reading. So that means I won’t be joining in on this buddy read. So sorry about that Steve and everyone else! I do hope you all enjoy this series though and am looking forward to hearing your thoughts! Thanks 😁

Hope you find a way out of the slump!

Steve IRL