Sign in to follow this  
Lauren ~ Paperback Empire

Do you have certain types of videos that get down voted the most?

I don't know if it's just me, but I've noticed that pretty much the only videos I ever get down votes on are my TBR videos. Going into it I assumed that my opinion-y videos would be the ones to ruffle feathers, but nope! Have any of you had that experience with particular types of videos that you've published?

I just imagine someone out there like, "UGH WHAT A STUPID TBR HOW DARE U WANT 2 READ THAT BOOK!! BOOOOOO THUMBS DOOOOOWWWNNN !!!" 😂

It's strange, the ones I've gotten down votes on have been tag videos.  Which are usually the most relaxed and care free ones.  I have had some opinions I guess people disagree with, like the IT movie not being very good.

I'm surprised you've gotten them on TBR videos, you'd figure those were safe 🤔

Steve IRL

Reading: Beyond Redemption, The Virus and This Burning World

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

4 hours ago, Lasraik said:

It's strange, the ones I've gotten down votes on have been tag videos.  Which are usually the most relaxed and care free ones.  I have had some opinions I guess people disagree with, like the IT movie not being very good.

I'm surprised you've gotten them on TBR videos, you'd figure those were safe 🤔

Huh, that's interesting...I've never gotten a down vote on a tag video, but they definitely get far fewer views, like maybe half as many. Viewers confuse me! 🙃

10 minutes ago, Lauren ~ Paperback Empire said:

Huh, that's interesting...I've never gotten a down vote on a tag video, but they definitely get far fewer views, like maybe half as many. Viewers confuse me! 🙃

I think sometimes people down vote just to troll and wait for a reaction

Steve IRL

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

I've had one downvote on my bullet journal video (like, why? Maybe they didn't like my drawing skills haha. They are lacking so fair I suppose), and one on my Red Rising review. The review was positive but I did say I disliked the first book quite a lot so maybe they didn't stick around after that? Luckily I don't get a lot of downvotes.

8 hours ago, Jolien Reads said:

I've had one downvote on my bullet journal video (like, why? Maybe they didn't like my drawing skills haha. They are lacking so fair I suppose), and one on my Red Rising review. The review was positive but I did say I disliked the first book quite a lot so maybe they didn't stick around after that? Luckily I don't get a lot of downvotes.

I noticed a lot of the bigger creators get down votes right away, no matter what the topic is.  Maybe getting those immediate down votes is a sign you've made it? 🤔😆

Steve IRL

1 hour ago, Lasraik said:

I noticed a lot of the bigger creators get down votes right away, no matter what the topic is.  Maybe getting those immediate down votes is a sign you've made it? 🤔😆

That must be it -- I'm BookTube royalty now! 😂

But seriously, you're probably right about it being a numbers game. I get ten times as many views on my TBR videos, so it would make sense that ratio of haters would be higher.

I think I've made it, have a secret admirer who has been giving immediate thumbs down to certain videos.  🥰

Steve IRL