Sign in to follow this  
Pasanda

ME3

Bioware recently released a revamped edition of the first 3 Mass Effect games. I'd completed I and II many years back, but not touched III. So i'm giving it a run through.

I must say, i'm enjoying it. It has very very scripted encounters, with a bit of freedom to roam in between those scripted scenes. So perhaps not for @Elovia. But it's simple to play and i'm enjoying watching the story unfold. I will say that i just cannot tell how it's been revamped. It still feels like an old game, although perhaps not quite 9 years old.

Worth a spin if you liked the franchise, but hadn't finished it. But not worth it, if you'd played it through.

May the Force Live Long and Prosper.

Cynical Optimist

Just to note that i finished the game this week. Probably better than i thought it would be. Akin to my experiences with cyberpunk, it started to feel like their was months of game play building up with dozens of unfinished quests in my log, then all of a sudden the main arc forced itsefl upon me and i had to complete it. 

The ending a bit flat but, more than anything else, the end-game undermined the main point of the game itself. Your main aim in the game was to build up enough alliance forces to take on the baddies - and a heck of a lot of the game mechanics were put into both managing relationships and the alliance fleet numbers. The end game did not use these achievement AT ALL. It felt like most of the game had no impact in how it ended.

And... no blue boobies. WTF!!

May the Force Live Long and Prosper.

Cynical Optimist