Valor  

4 members have voted

1. 1. What is your rating for Valor?

• 1 Star
    • 2 Stars
    • 3 Stars
    • 4 Stars
    • 5 Stars
    • I have lint in my belly button (see results)

After much contemplation I went with 3 stars. I liked it a lot, but I'm currently rereading Blood Song (5 stars for me) and it's a completely different level. There are a lot of things I did like (storywise specifically) but the writing style was a little bit of a negative for me. Sometimes too on the nose (what someone was thinking, the dialogue,...) which is why it's a 3 instead of a 4 (would be a 3.5 if I could give half stars).

1 hour ago, Jolien Reads said:

After much contemplation I went with 3 stars. I liked it a lot, but I'm currently rereading Blood Song (5 stars for me) and it's a completely different level. There are a lot of things I did like (storywise specifically) but the writing style was a little bit of a negative for me. Sometimes too on the nose (what someone was thinking, the dialogue,...) which is why it's a 3 instead of a 4 (would be a 3.5 if I could give half stars).

It's funny you mentioned Blood Song.  I'm almost done and was struck by the amount of energy, anticipation and atmosphere Anthony Ryan generates from just two characters having a conversation. 

Steve IRL

Reading: Beyond Redemption, The Virus and This Burning World

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero