Sign in to follow this  
Lasraik

Fan with sign causes huge pile-up in Stage 1 of the Tour de France

1 hour ago, Dunnar said:

Yikes ... just takes one idiot with a sign. 

Guess I never thought about it, how many bikes do they get?  Do they change tires or breaks or anything?

It looked like they have a stable of extra bikes and components, so I'm assuming they can swap out parts and entire bikes when necessary

Steve IRL

Reading: Beyond Redemption, The Virus and This Burning World

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

It's big news here haha. Apparently she was fined with 1500 euros (but they haven't found her yet sooo... I guess she's not getting anything). If I remember correctly the organisation will not press charges, so even if they find her she won't be in a lot of trouble.

1 hour ago, Stacyejaye said:

I would not want to be the person with the sign. "We have a ID10T error over here!"

As seriously as lots of people take races like this, if I were her I'd be concerned about my safety

Kermit The Frog Reaction GIF

1 hour ago, Jolien Reads said:

It's big news here haha. Apparently she was fined with 1500 euros (but they haven't found her yet sooo... I guess she's not getting anything). If I remember correctly the organisation will not press charges, so even if they find her she won't be in a lot of trouble.

I'm surprised they aren't pressing charges, someone could have been seriously hurt and the amount of money in damages must be in the tens of thousands

Steve IRL

Reading: Beyond Redemption, The Virus and This Burning World

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero