Next TV Series  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Next Television Series To Watch?

• The OA (Netflix)
    • Humans (Netflix)
    • Katla (Netflix)
    • Your Honor (Showtime)
    • Broadchurch (BBC)

After finishing Sherlock, the obvious question is what will we be watching next?

@Ashley/ReadNowSleepLtr @Pasanda @BrandieNoel @Jeff Lane @Stacyejaye and of course open to anyone else who would like to join

There's lots of new series coming up, but I'm open to anything.  I'll add to this after giving it some thought but do any of you have a series that pops in your mind?

Steve IRL

Reading: Beyond Redemption, The Virus and This Burning World

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

5 hours ago, Lasraik said:

After finishing Sherlock, the obvious question is what will we be watching next?

@Ashley/ReadNowSleepLtr @Pasanda @BrandieNoel @Jeff Lane @Stacyejaye and of course open to anyone else who would like to join

There's lots of new series coming up, but I'm open to anything.  I'll add to this after giving it some thought but do any of you have a series that pops in your mind?

What about The OA? It's on Netflix though. I don't know if everyone had that.

5 hours ago, Lasraik said:

Another option is Humans. This is free on Amazon Prime

https://youtu.be/8sm23e0a5_w

Humans looks interesting. 

I'm coming to the end of the first season of "Your Honor", which has been a real moral rollercoaster, if such things appeal to you. In that sense it mirrors Breaking Bad.

May the Force Live Long and Prosper.

Cynical Optimist

An impossible choice. Love Bryan Cranston, but not sure we all have Showtime. Broadhurst looks good... tons of Doctor Who connections, and I've heard great things, but we just did a BBC show. The Netlix series both look amazing. 

A Netflix show with subtitles is how it all started with Dark. 

My vote it Katla. 

5 hours ago, Jolien Reads said:

Sorry to come in the middle of this convo, but I was wondering if anyone is interested in watching the WoT show when it releases? I have no idea when the first episode aires but I think the end of this year.

I'm interested! I haven't even watched the trailer because I don't want to be spoiled. They always do you much! I'm excited even though I only read Eye of the World. Have you read any WoT?

On 7/14/2021 at 11:31 AM, Jolien Reads said:

Sorry to come in the middle of this convo, but I was wondering if anyone is interested in watching the WoT show when it releases? I have no idea when the first episode aires but I think the end of this year.

Read them many years ago (when there only 3 if i recall). Definitely going to watch this. That cover with the large and small horse is indelibly etched onto my early-20's brain.

May the Force Live Long and Prosper.

Cynical Optimist

On 7/14/2021 at 4:31 AM, Jolien Reads said:

Sure!

Steve IRL

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

On 7/14/2021 at 5:59 PM, Stacyejaye said:

I'm interested! I haven't even watched the trailer because I don't want to be spoiled. They always do you much! I'm excited even though I only read Eye of the World. Have you read any WoT?

I've read the first 4 books and DNF'd the series when I picked up the 5th one 😛 I really liked the premise but not all the weird things Jordan added (and damn the man can get lost in the details). One of the reasons I'm excited for the show is because I think they will keep the main story but remove a lot of the things I didn't care for.

18 hours ago, Jolien Reads said:

I've read the first 4 books and DNF'd the series when I picked up the 5th one 😛 I really liked the premise but not all the weird things Jordan added (and damn the man can get lost in the details). One of the reasons I'm excited for the show is because I think they will keep the main story but remove a lot of the things I didn't care for.

This is a series I wouldn't mind watching the live adaption because I have little to no interest in ever reading the books

Steve IRL