I'm starting to lose track of which books we're reading and when other than the already scheduled group reads (Ash and Sand, Dark Tower, ect.)

So I think it would be a good idea to make a list that we update and schedule meetups if there will be one.  Please post here and remind me of what I may have forgotten.  When is SoK?

August:

1. River of Thieves

September:

1. Sword of Kaigen

October:

1. Between Two Fires
  2. Dreams of the Dying

November:

1. The Unbroken

December:

Steve IRL

Reading: Tower Lord and This Burning World

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

3 hours ago, Lasraik said:

I'm starting to lose track of which books we're reading and when other than the already scheduled group reads (Ash and Sand, Dark Tower, ect.)

So I think it would be a good idea to make a list that we update and schedule meetups if there will be one.  Please post here and remind me of what I may have forgotten.  When is SoK?

I wanted to move it to September since we already have KOP, Gunslinger, and now River of Thieves in August.

29 minutes ago, Stacyejaye said:

I wanted to move it to September since we already have KOP, Gunslinger, and now River of Thieves in August.

Got it!

28 minutes ago, Stacyejaye said:

We also have Terror by Dan Simmons. I don't remember if we set a date for this. 

I think we've moved that a few times.  We can push it farther if the schedule is too full, I'm open to what's most convenient for you

1 minute ago, Kayla Lenzen said:

Oh no! Steve’s trusty planner is failing him! I spend this morning putting all the dates and times in my planner so I won’t have any excuse if I don’t show up lol

Kermit The Frog Reaction GIF

Gotta admit, whatever isn't on the calendar I lose track of lol.  I'm really glad you're joining us for some!

Steve IRL

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

4 hours ago, Jolien Reads said:

The only one I can think of is the Unbroken for November... But my notes are a mess so I might be forgetting some myself. Did we plan to read the standalones of the First Law together? 

Maybe we can start in January?

Steve IRL

7 hours ago, Lasraik said:

Maybe we can start in January?

I'd like that! If anyone would be interested: I plan to read the the Masquerade series by Seth Dickinson next year as well :P (First book: the Traitor Baru Cormorant). It's his debut and I think it was self published originally but it's now traditionally published. But that's very far in the future haha.

8 hours ago, Jolien Reads said:

I'd like that! If anyone would be interested: I plan to read the the Masquerade series by Seth Dickinson next year as well :P (First book: the Traitor Baru Cormorant). It's his debut and I think it was self published originally but it's now traditionally published. But that's very far in the future haha.

Yes! I have the first book already 😁

Steve IRL

I'm planning on a 2021 Group/Buddy read video now that we have it planned (mostly, other than last minute craziness we add) so this is really helpful

Steve IRL

Putting this here, opening this up for anyone who would like to join.  Reading If It Bleeds next month and having a meetup to discuss it. 

Steve IRL

Would any of you be opposed to bumping The Dark That Dwells to Saturday, October 9th at 6pm EST

And Sword of Kaigen to Saturday, October 16th at 6pm EST

I think all of us are a little behind lately, maybe this will help ease the load a little bit and spread things out.  Thoughts?

Steve IRL

49 minutes ago, Stacyejaye said:

I'm fine with the date changes, but fir Sword of Kaigen can we do it earlier. Jolien will be joining for that one.

Oh yeah, let's do Sunday October 17th at 11am EST?  @Jolien Reads

Steve IRL

33 minutes ago, bookchara said:

Would love to join in a buddy read with you all at some point! 

You’re welcome anytime!  They are open to anyone wanting to join in on the fun 

Steve IRL

1 hour ago, Jolien Reads said:

Perfect 😄 I'm secretly glad it's not the same weekend as our Wrath discussion anymore!

😩 lol

Steve IRL