Lasraik

Input Please: Short Story September

Short Story September  

6 members have voted

1. 1. How to choose

• Read the whole book
    • Randomly choose stories from each
    • Ask for author input on which stories to choose

I’ll be doing Short Story September for the 30 day challenge.  I’ll be posting a review of a short story each day for 30 days.

What I’m trying to decide is whether I should pick books that equal 30 short stories total or pick and choose short stories from several books.

My OCD likes the idea of picking a couple of books and reading the entire book then moving onto the next.  This would also be nice for anyone who wants to read along.

On the other hand, if I pick a few books and choose a few short stories from each and schedule them ahead of time.  This would spotlight more books and more variety for me and people watching.  I’ll still be reading If It Bleeds or another book that has 5 or less short stories in the book but for other books I’ll pick at least 2.  Going this route I would either randomly pick or ask the author to suggest a few for the month.

Any advice and votes are appreciated.  More info here:

Steve IRL

Reading: Tower Lord and This Burning World

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

Looks like the only book I’ll be reading cover to cover is If It Bleeds.  Anyone up for a buddy read?

The rest will be random, maybe 1 - 3 from each book I’m getting.  Will have to pick prior to September so I have my schedule planned so I can pre record much of it.  Thinking of having an If It Bleeds meetup if there’s interest so that would change where I plan it.

Steve IRL

Reading: Tower Lord and This Burning World

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero