Sign in to follow this  
Lasraik

Plans for the weekend 8.27.21 Editon

This thread takes on a new meaning for me now that I’m actually off on weekends 🤯

Friday I’m chatting with booktube Johanna and finishing more short story videos.

Saturday have an interview with author Anthony Self and the Mirrors Edge meetup hosted by @Jolien Reads

Then on Sunday having our Kings of Paradise meetup hosted by @Stacyejaye

Took Monday off because I’ve had an interview planned with Anthony Ryan for months.

What do you have planned?

Steve IRL

Reading: Tower Lord and This Burning World

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

Football game in the morning (I coach the kids team), bit of yard-work, bit of fishing, and some Shadow of War I got last week on sale.

People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true.

13 minutes ago, Jag said:

Football game in the morning (I coach the kids team), bit of yard-work, bit of fishing, and some Shadow of War I got last week on sale.

How is coaching sports with COVID?  Are there restrictions?

Steve IRL

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

Not for the peewees since it's regulated by an independent organization.  But high schools had rules last year.  In my neck of the woods, people equate mask wearing with being a terrorist so not so much.  Even during the original peak hardly anyone here got sick so it just reinforced their bias.

The funniest bit IMO is as part of Covid restrictions at state wrestling was that the wrestlers couldn't shake hands.

However, Covid did do something miraculous for high school and lesser known college sports.  Every school, every event, everything is streamed now.  It's freaking awesome because now we don't miss anything even when we can't make the game or event because it's 6 hours away.  They all built the infrastructure to make it happen and it's not going away.  My family all over the US and Thailand (did I tell yall I went to Thailand?) can participate in every event now. 

Edited by Jag

People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true.

Still on hols until next Tues.

My Mum left yesterday after spending 4 days with us. That was my limit - another day and we would have come to blows. Very tired and trying to relax this weekend.

Took my Son and his friend to the cinema this PM, to watch Free Guy. I think i enjoyed it more than them.

Got friends with their 3 kids visiting tomorrow. Might be staying over too. So a week of entertaining.

Hoping to play more Disco Elysium and watch a few films.

Started watching White Lotus HBO series last night. Interesting - so hope to catch a few more of them.

Building a Stranger Things lego set with Fin. Hoping to get a bit more of that in too.

Any time left after that - hope to get drunk.

May the Force Live Long and Prosper.

Cynical Optimist

9 hours ago, Pasanda said:

Still on hols until next Tues.

My Mum left yesterday after spending 4 days with us. That was my limit - another day and we would have come to blows. Very tired and trying to relax this weekend.

Took my Son and his friend to the cinema this PM, to watch Free Guy. I think i enjoyed it more than them.

Got friends with their 3 kids visiting tomorrow. Might be staying over too. So a week of entertaining.

Hoping to play more Disco Elysium and watch a few films.

Started watching White Lotus HBO series last night. Interesting - so hope to catch a few more of them.

Building a Stranger Things lego set with Fin. Hoping to get a bit more of that in too.

Any time left after that - hope to get drunk.

Entertaining that long can be exhausting. I hope you’re able to find some time to get away and maybe 🍻

Steve IRL

I helped a couple of friends move today (it's currently almost midnight) and in half an hour we have the Mirror's Truth meetup!

Tomorrow will probably be spent sleeping in for as long as possible and cleaning the house. I think we will both be pretty sore from the move today so nothing too taxing. :P