Lasraik

Wheel of Time Trailer

Wheel of Time  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Are you excited??

• YES!
    • Nah
    • Wheel of what now?

The book community was going crazy today over the Wheel of Time trailer.  I mean, it looks OK... I guess?

seinfeld whatever GIF

I'm sure if I were a fan of the books I would have to change my shorts, too.  I have zero interest in the books and zero interest in the TV series, it looks like most every other fantasy story I've seen before. 

Steve IRL

Reading: Tower Lord and This Burning World

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

I'm pretty excited. :P Probably strange since I DNF'd the books, but I did see some interesting concepts there, the excecution was just done poorly in my opinion. I hope the show changes that.

But, I'm a sucker for fantasy shows and I feel like there aren't a lot that have the budget to make it not look cheesy. We have Game of Thrones and that's about it? Shannara was cheesy, and Shadow and Bone / Cursed felt younger than what I usually like. Most other productions are small as well. This is a big one, so I hope they can make it work. The usage of magic looks cool at least and I like Rosamund Pike sooo it's got that going for it. I don't like how clean everything looks, but I will hopefully be able to get over that.

I noticed the WoT trolls came out for your DNF video 😂

if you get hate mail from someone named Andy let me know, maybe they like FATF too

Steve IRL

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

I was concerned about how they would handle the OP but I like it.  Looks like a ton of foreshadowing.  And I always find it interesting how different the interpretations are over my own reading.

It looks fun.

People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true.

10 hours ago, Jag said:

I was concerned about how they would handle the OP but I like it.  Looks like a ton of foreshadowing.  And I always find it interesting how different the interpretations are over my own reading.

It looks fun.

Have you read the books?

Steve IRL

13 hours ago, Lasraik said:

Have you read the books?

Many times over.  I very much enjoy them and would consider myself a WOT lore master.

My biggest concern is that it will get the Shainara treatment.  What a travesty that was.

Edited by Jag

People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true.

After re-watching I am a bit nervous about the series.  No clue what the opening scene is with the cliff.  What appears to be a post coital scene with Egwene/Rand who never had any sort of physical relationship.  The Aes Sedai in colored groups. 

My excitement has been dampened and I am worried we are getting a teenage drama.