Sign in to follow this  
Lasraik

Plans for the weekend 9.3.21 Edition

Friday Conversation with Joshua Marsella Friday night.  Queen of Fire discussion on Saturday.  The rest of the weekend I plan to finish all of the Short Story September videos except for If It Bleeds and start Seasons of Albadone (200 pages)

Sunday having friends over to eat carbs and play games.

also started a 30 day challenge that I exercise each day for 30 days so keeping that going with bike rides.

what do you have planned?

Steve IRL

Reading: Tower Lord and This Burning World

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

My brother is coming over for a surprise visit in a couple of hours with his family. After that we have the Queen of Fire discussion ofcourse!

Tomorrow I'll try to film 2 videos in the morning and edit one of those to go up in the evening. In the afternoon we're going to some friends to watch the race (F1) and have the last bbq of the year.

Very busy lately (not much chance to post). Playing Disco Elysium, which is a tour de force of games development. Amazingly written and designed. I'd love to know more about the devs and designers - i suspect they're geniuses.

Had 2 online sessions with Scuba instructor. Very proud of Fin (my son, not the foot-based propulsion system).

Finished watching White Lotus series - 68%, with some excellent characters.

Mega food shop.

Installed under-unit lighting in the kitchen.

Didn't mow the lawn...

Trying to tack down intermitted electrical fault that trips the RCD's for the whole house every few days.

Cooked a half-decent chinese and an amazing lasagne (modesty was never my strong suit).

May the Force Live Long and Prosper.

Cynical Optimist

7 hours ago, Pasanda said:

Very busy lately (not much chance to post). Playing Disco Elysium, which is a tour de force of games development. Amazingly written and designed. I'd love to know more about the devs and designers - i suspect they're geniuses.

Had 2 online sessions with Scuba instructor. Very proud of Fin (my son, not the foot-based propulsion system).

Finished watching White Lotus series - 68%, with some excellent characters.

Mega food shop.

Installed under-unit lighting in the kitchen.

Didn't mow the lawn...

Trying to tack down intermitted electrical fault that trips the RCD's for the whole house every few days.

Cooked a half-decent chinese and an amazing lasagne (modesty was never my strong suit).

You didn't mow the lawn??  Shame

Embarrassed Shame GIF

Steve IRL

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

On 9/6/2021 at 6:39 PM, Lasraik said:

You didn't mow the lawn??  Shame

Embarrassed Shame GIF

I did it at 8. 30 this morning. In the process tripping out the house 4 times. 

Cynical Optimist

Electric Mowers still exist?

I suppose they are actually the future. haha  Here I am burning down the environment while I mow the lawn.

Edited by Jag

People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true.

Yeah.  Cords always seemed like a dangerous component to a lawn mower.

People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true.

9 hours ago, Jag said:

That would spell disaster for me

Steve IRL

On 9/14/2021 at 5:09 PM, Jag said:

Been using them for 40 years without incident. I suspect the problem might be with the operator... 😉

I reckon size might be an issue. I suspect lawns in the UK are typically smaller than the US. It's quite difficult to justify the cost and maintenance of a petrol mower, when ones lawn is 20 ft x 20 ft. Battery mowers are just too new to be part of the conversation yet.

Cynical Optimist

20% of my lawn.  I don't have a better pic for some reason.

20200711_140458.jpg