Sign in to follow this  
Lasraik

The Matrix 4 Resurrections Teaser Trailer

Probably and unpopular opinion but not excited about this movie at all.  They should have left the original trilogy alone.  Completely unnecessary.  

Steve IRL

Reading: Tower Lord and This Burning World

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

I didn't love the original three enough to be scared of them having another go - it's not sacrilege to me.

Saying that, judging by the trailer, i suspect it's going to spend a lot of screen time capitalising on the advances in SFX, which is probably a bad sign for anyone who is not a movie magic whore (whistles).

May the Force Live Long and Prosper.

Cynical Optimist

I'm a little excited about it. Being a huge fan of movie series that have great stories and lore (i.e., LoTR, Star Wars, Marvel), I'm always intrigued where the story can go. However, I don't believe a 4th movie was planned back when the original trilogy was made, and in cases like that, there is a larger gamble to really screw things up.

I liked the trailer... but they can be misleading.

All 3 movies were fun, of course the 1st was the best.  I think it will be fun.  I think I even have the plot figured out.  Neo and Trinity went back in, in case the "system" needed them again since he does things they can't.  So they feed him the blue pills and he just lives his life, same with Trinity since he is Neo's motivation.  A new threat arises and they have to awaken him again, so they get T and are trying to get him back to the one by interacting with everyone he knew.  However, M is missing (that's why there is a fake M), I think the real M shows up at some point, but fake M gets him unlocked so he can face the new threat.

People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true.

I think I'm on nostalgia overload.  There are so many great creators out there with new stories to tell.  Especially now with the pandemic the industries are more risk averse and playing it safe with rehashing old classics

Steve IRL

Reading: Tower Lord and This Burning World

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero