Sign in to follow this  
Lasraik

Plans for the Weekend 9.9.21 Edition

Had a great conversation with Seasons of Albadone authors Élan Marché & Christopher Warman last night.  The rest of the weekend will be reading more short stories and starting Drawing of the Three today. 

Week 1 of the NFL begins Sunday, so I'm excited for that.

What do you have planned?

Steve IRL

Reading: Aching God

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

Drove for 5 hours return to pick up a mountain bike for my Sons birthday. 

Made a slow cooked beef and coconut curry while driving, which I was worried about as my lad is not a huge fan of beef. But it turned out fine. 

Fin was really proud of finishing his Stranger Things lego set today. I might have helped a teeny bit. 

Hoping to get some Disco Elysium tomorrow. 

May the Force Live Long and Prosper.

Cynical Optimist

Friday after work was grillin & chillin, followed by a nice lil fire to relax beside whilst puffin my cigar... until I heard a pack of coyotes howling. Then it was playing Bloodborne.

Lasr night, went to buddy's place for more grillin (technically smoking... low n slow) and playin some music. Then home to watch Lucifer, season 6.

Today, cooked up a nice big breakfast for me m my grandpa, waiting on the Panther game at 1pm.

Hope everyone's had a great weekend!

19 hours ago, Pasanda said:

Drove for 5 hours return to pick up a mountain bike for my Sons birthday. 

Made a slow cooked beef and coconut curry while driving, which I was worried about as my lad is not a huge fan of beef. But it turned out fine. 

Fin was really proud of finishing his Stranger Things lego set today. I might have helped a teeny bit. 

Hoping to get some Disco Elysium tomorrow. 

What kind of mountain bike? 

You have to share your slow cooked beef and coconut curry recipe now.

Pics of the lego set!

18 hours ago, Bailey Power said:

I'm 340 pages into drawing of the three so far been  a good read though feel this series will be interesting series but not a favourite.  Queen of fire and kings of ash will  be read also  Will definitely watch some NFL also at 6pm Irish time.  

I'm 177 into Drawing of the Three and it's pretty good but vastly different than The Gunslinger.  Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on Queen of Fire and Kings of Ash

6 hours ago, Jolien Reads said:

I went out for dinner and wellness with the husband yesterday and today I'm filming a 24h reading vlog (12h actually because I'm not going to lose sleep over this but shht 😅).

This evening I have reading sprints planned on my channel. Am looking forward to that!

Oh, didn't know you had reading sprints planned.  Hope you all have fun!

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

Friday after work was grillin & chillin, followed by a nice lil fire to relax beside whilst puffin my cigar... until I heard a pack of coyotes howling. Then it was playing Bloodborne.

Lasr night, went to buddy's place for more grillin (technically smoking... low n slow) and playin some music. Then home to watch Lucifer, season 6.

Today, cooked up a nice big breakfast for me m my grandpa, waiting on the Panther game at 1pm.

Hope everyone's had a great weekend!

What kind of cigar did you enjoy? 

How is Lucifer?  Keep hearing good things but it looks a little too CWish

Steve IRL

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

Just now, Lasraik said:

What kind of cigar did you enjoy? 

How is Lucifer?  Keep hearing good things but it looks a little too CWish

Friday was a Monte Cristo Espada Oscuro, one of my favorites. Yesterday I had a Cohiba Black.

Lucifer isn't too bad. Every once and awhile you'll get a string of episodes that will almost bore you to quit, but then some bomb shell will drop to lure you back in.

I have trouble finding series that keep me intrigued. I'm slowly watching His Dark Materials too.

41 minutes ago, Brad said:

Friday was a Monte Cristo Espada Oscuro, one of my favorites. Yesterday I had a Cohiba Black.

Lucifer isn't too bad. Every once and awhile you'll get a string of episodes that will almost bore you to quit, but then some bomb shell will drop to lure you back in.

I have trouble finding series that keep me intrigued. I'm slowly watching His Dark Materials too.

Haven't had a Espanda Oscuro but you can't go wrong with a Cohiba Black

3 minutes ago, Stacyejaye said:

Reading Sprints on @Jolien Reads channel at 2pm EST!

https://youtu.be/TvSpSPddZMc

Bummed we're going to miss it, didn't realize you all were doing one until this morning.  Hope you have fun!

Steve IRL

4 hours ago, Lasraik said:

Haven't had a Espanda Oscuro but you can't go wrong with a Cohiba Black

If you like the maduros/oscuros... you'll be very happy with the Espada Oscuro. Not quite as pricey as the Cohibas, but better imo.

22 minutes ago, Brad said:

If you like the maduros/oscuros... you'll be very happy with the Espada Oscuro. Not quite as pricey as the Cohibas, but better imo.

I’m not a huge fan of spice but love maduros

Steve IRL

23 hours ago, Jolien Reads said:

I went out for dinner and wellness with the husband

Intrigued by this comment. What's the difference between going out for just dinner, compared with dinner and wellness?

Cynical Optimist

2 minutes ago, Jolien Reads said:

I used the wrong word, was thinking in a mix between English and Dutch. 'Wellness' in Dutch means going to the Spa. 😆

Ah. That makes sense. I thought it might have been some new-fangled restaurant gimmick. Vegetable soup followed by a massage, Fish pie followed by Hopi candle treatments, etc.

Thanks for clarifying. 

Cynical Optimist

Team I coached won their football game, made some progress in NMS, had some good times with the fam, and Covaxin should get WHO approval this week.  That means very nice things for OCGN.

People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true.

On 9/12/2021 at 5:19 PM, Brad said:

What are some of your go-to stogies?

I have too many, but if I had to pick one the first one I’d think of is a Drew Estate MUAT

Steve IRL

8 hours ago, Lasraik said:

I have too many, but if I had to pick one the first one I’d think of is a Drew Estate MUAT

I like Drew Estate. Before I really got into cigars, I liked the Kuba Kuba and the Tabak, but I don't care too much for the infused stuff anymore. I will look for the MUWAT next time I hit up the cigar store and give it a go. The description on cigars international sounds like I'd enjoy it.

13 hours ago, Brad said:

I like Drew Estate. Before I really got into cigars, I liked the Kuba Kuba and the Tabak, but I don't care too much for the infused stuff anymore. I will look for the MUWAT next time I hit up the cigar store and give it a go. The description on cigars international sounds like I'd enjoy it.

I can't do infused anymore, just feels wrong.

If you like maduro's you'll enjoy MUAT

Steve IRL