Sign in to follow this  
Lasraik

Dracula book and TV Meetups

Stacey created the events in the calendar, so I assumed she was going to.  I can host one of them if necessary.  I only have the free version of Streamyard, so I am limited to six.  Also, I don't mind participating in the chat only if we have too many people who want to join in.

2 hours ago, Stacyejaye said:

@Lasraik I was going to host, but I'm more than happy to let someone else (@John (Hey Y'all Listen Up) ?) to host one. 

Sounds good 👍🏼

Steve IRL

Reading: 11/22/63 & Beguiled by Night

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

Made it about 40 minutes into the Dracula TV series before we threw in the towel.  I’m ok with it not being a faithful adaptation, it’s just bad.  Really bad.

🤢🤮

Steve IRL

► Personal Links:  YouTube (booktube)OTBSteve YouTube (MTB and cycling) ●  Strava  ●  Last.fm  ●  GoodReads ● Vero

1 hour ago, Lasraik said:

Made it about 40 minutes into the Dracula TV series before we threw in the towel.  I’m ok with it not being a faithful adaptation, it’s just bad.  Really bad.

🤢🤮

I only made it a little further than you. How did this get approved for funding? Who wrote that crappy screenplay? Just, why??? I'm going to watch the 1992 adaptation. It isn't true to the book either (based on the trailer). I've never seen it, but anything had to be better than the Netflix trash

2 hours ago, Stacyejaye said:

I only made it a little further than you. How did this get approved for funding? Who wrote that crappy screenplay? Just, why??? I'm going to watch the 1992 adaptation. It isn't true to the book either (based on the trailer). I've never seen it, but anything had to be better than the Netflix trash

I haven't seen the 92 movie either, but from what I've heard it's one of the most faithful adaptations to the book.  Go figure.  And I have more thoughts on this Dracula Netflix garbage that I'm sure will come up in the meetup

dracula defend GIF

Steve IRL

6 hours ago, Lasraik said:

🤢🤮

Oh my gosh! I am so glad it's not just me!

Danielle

My links

1 hour ago, John (Hey Y'all Listen Up) said:

Why do I feel challenged to finish the Netflix series regardless?  (I'm still trying to finish the book.)

Don’t punish yourself John 😆

35 minutes ago, bookchara said:

Oh my gosh! I am so glad it's not just me!

We skipped ahead out of curiosity and it gets worse 😐

Steve IRL